Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys that have the new Illinois license plates noticed how perfectly they match the Electron Blue? Man, the blues blend really well and the red letters almost match the tail lights. I guess I just noticed how well they matched because I saw a Black vette the other day and the plate didn't blend in as well.

It looks so good I would almost put a front plate on! Well maybe not that good. :lol:

- Charley

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here in Ohio, they pull you over (and sometimes ticket you) for not having a front plate. At least the new Ohio plates are Red (top), white (middle), and blue (bottom), with blue numbers. This at least makes it easier to try to match one of the colors, and its quite patriotic. The old Ohio plates were white with a increasing shading of copper at the bottom. Not bad, but looked like every car had a rusted plate. Yuk. Check out Ohios plates here

ZZZZZ06

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ZZZZZ06,

Here is a link to our new plates:

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/programs/replating.html

The blue on the bottom blends right in with the Electron blue.

I don't think that Illinois cracks down very hard for no front plate. A friend of a friend is a cop and told me he likes people to drive without plates. That way if he really wants to pull someone suspicious over, he has just cause.

The Ohio plate is not bad. Too bad you guys have to put them on the front.

- Charley

1 - 3 of 3 Posts