Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You have any ?'s about detailing, I can most likely answer it :thumb:

I have over 2 years of professional detailing experience

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have some water spots on trunk.They are not real bad but tried white vinegar,wax..no luck...Any tips?
Also I use soft water to wash car...M/Y..color.
Thanks........... :thumb:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Okay detailing wizard, tell me this.. Why don't I ever have enough time to detail my car anymore?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Clay Bar is AMAZING!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
422 Posts
NETfiend said:
Okay detailing wizard, tell me this.. Why don't I ever have enough time to detail my car anymore?
Your girlfriend or wife takes up too much of your time, the wizard can help, just drop her off where I reside.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Didn't the Who write and sing a song about "The Detail Wizard"? :p :lol:

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
BIGBOS said:
You have any ?'s I can most likely answer it :thumb:
I have over 2 years of experience
==============

Okay Wizard, riddle me this......"What is the sound of one hand clapping?"

:screwy: :roll: :rofl:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
MSiska said:
Didn't the Who write and sing a song about "The Detail Wizard"? :p :lol:
Yes they did, "that deaf, dumb, and blind kid, sure could detail a Vette." :rofl:

Jack

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Depending on how bad the water spots get it might need a light buffing with a soft pad...covering them with wax usually doesn't get rid of them....

A clay bar will work most of the time too....

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hard water spots can be drastically be reduced by using Mr. Clean Auto Dry system or using softwater from home system or using RainX self Dry car wash soap. There's probably a bunch more on the market now. The Mr. Clean system has received some good reviews on other forums.

Personally I use the RainX and softwater from my home system, a California water blade and a MF towel to dry up whatever's left over. With the water blade, even the windows come out streak free. I then use a 5hp shop vac to dry/blow out excess water from all the difficult to reach crevices and cracks. I've heard that the Toro 215mph leaf blower works well enough to not use any towels. I'm liking this idea more and more.

If I find water spots that can't be removed, I use Meguiar's swirl remover to gently go over the area. For light colored cars, Gel-gloss works very well. It can even be used to polish glass and practically eliminater wiper usage.

·
Registered
292 Posts
BIGBOS said:
You have any ?'s about detailing, I can most likely answer it
I found out that a yellow 100watt spotlight can highlight all the swirls that are hidden by many high gloss polishes. I pulled the car into my garage, closed the door and inspected every inch of my paint. My dealer created a mess of swirls and straight lines on my ride in an attempt to prepare it for delivery.

What is the best product/method to remove the swirls?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
TexasBlue72 said:
==============

Okay Wizard, riddle me this......"What is the sound of one hand clapping?"

:screwy: :roll: :rofl:

What is the Sound of the Single Hand? When you clap together both hands a sharp sound is heard; when you raise the one hand there is neither sound nor smell. Is this the High Heaven of which Confucius speaks? Or is it the essentials of what Yamamba describes in these words: "The echo of the completely empty valley bears tidings heard from the soundless sound?" This is something that can by no means be heard with the ear. If conceptions and discriminations are not mixed within it and it is quite apart from seeing, hearing, perceiving, and knowing, and if, while walking, standing, sitting, and reclining, you proceed straightforwardly without interruption in the study of this koan, you will suddenly pluck out the karmic root of birth and death and break down the cave of ignorance. Thus you will attain to a peace in which the phoenix has left the golden net and the crane has been set free of the basket. At this time the basis of mind, consciousness, and emotion is suddenly shattered; the realm of illusion with its endless sinking in the cycle of birth and death is overturned. The treasure accumulation of the Three Bodies and the Four Wisdoms is taken away, and the miraculous realms of the Six Supernatural Powers and Three Insights is transcended.

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
:ity: I'm glad you cleared that up ! :-? :( :bang: :screwy:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The best way to get light swirls out is by doing a light buffing with an orbital buffer with a low cut polish, its a finishing project that will take out the really light stuff.....if that doesn't do it, it might have to be hit with a polish with some cut in it to dig in....

its almost force of habit for me to go over my car every time I wash it and look for little scratches, I'm always finding things to buzz off real quick....

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
IT L GO said:
What is the Sound of the Single Hand? When you clap together both hands a sharp sound is heard; when you raise the one hand there is neither sound nor smell. Is this the High Heaven of which Confucius speaks? Or is it the essentials of what Yamamba describes in these words: "The echo of the completely empty valley bears tidings heard from the soundless sound?" This is something that can by no means be heard with the ear. If conceptions and discriminations are not mixed within it and it is quite apart from seeing, hearing, perceiving, and knowing, and if, while walking, standing, sitting, and reclining, you proceed straightforwardly without interruption in the study of this koan, you will suddenly pluck out the karmic root of birth and death and break down the cave of ignorance. Thus you will attain to a peace in which the phoenix has left the golden net and the crane has been set free of the basket. At this time the basis of mind, consciousness, and emotion is suddenly shattered; the realm of illusion with its endless sinking in the cycle of birth and death is overturned. The treasure accumulation of the Three Bodies and the Four Wisdoms is taken away, and the miraculous realms of the Six Supernatural Powers and Three Insights is transcended.

Can you repeat this in english? :roll:

·
Registered
292 Posts
BIGBOS said:
The best way to get light swirls out is by doing a light buffing with an orbital buffer with a low cut polish, its a finishing project that will take out the really light stuff.....if that doesn't do it, it might have to be hit with a polish with some cut in it to dig in....
QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Any specific products in mind?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I use meguiars stuff for buffing usually.....they make a very fine finishing polish thats good with a soft bad, that gets out most of the light spider style swirls, your better off getting the heavier stuff along with it just incase the light polish doesn't get it, then you won't have to go out and get more stuff......

You can order most of the products directly off of the meguiars site.....there are a few sponsers that carry good stuff as well

1 - 20 of 42 Posts