Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi gang!

Where do I begin? I returned home from St Catherines engine plant tour and 3.5 days in Harrisburg/Carlisle Pa.

I am so behind in talking to you all.....Could not connect to the internet in Canada nor Carlisle!! :( So I missed a few days there. I love these cum-puters!

Finally met JC, but unfortunately it happpened at the most in-oportune time! :( I volunteered to help serve complimentary hot dogs at the C5 registry tent (on the hill) and was very busy when JC introduced himself. JC, I really wanted to sit down with ya and yap about 100 different things, but it just didn't happen this time.

Met so many new and old friends at St. Catherines & Carlisle!!!
Took numerous banner pics!!! Wait until you see these! :eek:
I took the first role of film in to be developed today, and the 2nd roll will be coming shortly thereafter. One of these days I'll get a digital camera and post pics immediately! :smile:

Anyway, I have sold my '01 Z and the '02 is at the dealer waiting for me to pick it up! Probably tomorrrow afternoon or first thing Tuesday!

Listened to Dave Hill's talk on the '02 car, and he said that BG will produce more Z06's, more coupes,and more verts this year than last! He also informed us that M.Y. and Mag Red will be easier to get than before!

Listened to Wil Cooksey talk at the C5 Registtry dinner, had a private dinner with fellow NCM members and staff at a restaqurant called "Sunnyside" on Saturday night, helped the NCM sell raffle tickets for the 2001 Mag Red/Oak/Oak Convertiblewhich will be given away next weekend at the NCM! Mrs Zippy had a ball helping sell NCM articles at their booth inside the Chevrolet tent. I did not spend much time at Ben Labaree's "Corvettes Conquer Cancer" booth because he had plenty of other friends help him out.

Did anyone else see the Electron Blue Convertible with Torch Red interior and white top at Kerbeck's display? It is "shout in your face" loud, but the 'ole Zipster loved it....even thought about cancelling the Z06 and re-0rdering one! No flames, we are alll entititled to a little brain fade once in a while.

Yes, I passed out numerous Z06vette.combusiness cards including one I personally handed to Ron Fellows with a personal note inviting him to visit us!

Beautiful trip, great time, but I'm tired and have a series of tests from 9am-4:30 PM at the hospital tomorrow....so I'm cutting this off for now.

So nice meeting so many this past week, but I did not want to forget any one so I left a lot of names off, but you know who you are!

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the pics. Are you going to help the dealer open tomorrow? :D

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zoomin:

I wish!!!

I have a very important series of tests at the hospital tomorrow from 9am thru 4:30 pm, so that takes priority....Will probably pickup the Z first thing Tuesday, then Wednesday we take off for the NCM weekend in BG!!! What a way to break it in!

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Zippy -- Welcome back - BRO. Get some well deserved rest. Hope all the tests go well. Our prayers are ALWAYS with you!

Get ready for your eyes to be knocked out with that EB. Boy, am I envious of you cruzin on the KY parkways with the sun reflecting off your EB paint.......

Life is good....................

Best Regards,
Ken-;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
:) Welcome backy, Zippy. Good posts!. Congrats on being real close to picking up your new EB and we will be there in spirit with you during your tests.

Have a great week

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Zipster,
Another great post.Sounds like you had a great trip wish i was there. Look forward to the pics.G:)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey Zipster,
Great to see ya at Carlisle. I'm sure you're as excited as I am about our pending arrivals.:D
Heard an interesting number for next years version...435!!!
;)
Bob

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Welcome back Zippy.

I was wondering how your delivery went; looks like we will find out tomorrow! Hope everything goes great!

FYI - I got the news that mine just came in today!!! :cool: I'll be headed to Dearborn Wednesday AM to pick it up with the family. :D

If you see my car, let me know how it looks (I'm hoping for no cracks this time!).

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Miss Mako banner???

Hey ZIP,
It was great to meet you as well, and I hope that all goes well as planned for you tomorrow.
BTW, Joan said that you took a pic of her with the ZO6 vette banner????
I hope so, I have to see it up here.
It was a fine time to meet all the enthusiasts at the Carlisle meet.
I hope to see more of you at BG this weekend.
Best to all, c4c5

1 - 19 of 19 Posts