Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Haven't been on this site for years but got the itch to maybe play with my car again and will be using this site to start for info and just wanted to post, say hi, and see if anyone here from the very beginning still here. Guess C5 Z06 is no old the section not getting the action it use to 20 years ago. Back in the day I'd post often, stuff like posted of my Kooks LT Header install with pics from beginning to end but been so long my account no longer existed so I guess those posts are long gone. Still got my Z06forum T-shirts and stickers and business cards from the days lol.

But to introduce myself, I go by my original screenname donm527. I have a 2001 QuickSilver Z06 ordered and received new on Nov 2000 and still have it.

Odometer crapped out years ago but I am guessing in last 20 years, I doubt I put 40k on it, I just got busy with life, child, etc., and only took it out of garage a few times a year?

Been contemplating or getting close to the idea of selling her, maybe trying a completely different sportcar at this stage of my life. Used car market crazy right now I wonder if I can get a good price for it... cost me $50k 20 years ago. But like after taking the car our for a spirited drive, this car is still so much fun and scary and exciting... and the damn thing still looks so cool with the FRC shape and small glass in the back and 20 years later still no slouch with an 0-60 just under 4... I may just wanna do some fixing up for pieces that seem to fall apart even sitting in a garage for most of 20 years and keep enjoying.

I'll stop for now and say good to be back for a bit maybe.

Don

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Lol, found my ole profile pic on my HDD and put it back on. :)

And I guess my old account wasn't deleted... I thought I used donm527 but it was don527 but I think it was tied to my old AOL account that I don't have anymore lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Haven't been on this site for years but got the itch to maybe play with my car again and will be using this site to start for info and just wanted to post, say hi, and see if anyone here from the very beginning still here. Guess C5 Z06 is no old the section not getting the action it use to 20 years ago. Back in the day I'd post often, stuff like posted of my Kooks LT Header install with pics from beginning to end but been so long my account no longer existed so I guess those posts are long gone. Still got my Z06forum T-shirts and stickers and business cards from the days lol.

But to introduce myself, I go by my original screenname donm527. I have a 2001 QuickSilver Z06 ordered and received new on Nov 2000 and still have it.

Odometer crapped out years ago but I am guessing in last 20 years, I doubt I put 40k on it, I just got busy with life, child, etc., and only took it out of garage a few times a year?

Been contemplating or getting close to the idea of selling her, maybe trying a completely different sportcar at this stage of my life. Used car market crazy right now I wonder if I can get a good price for it... cost me $50k 20 years ago. But like after taking the car our for a spirited drive, this car is still so much fun and scary and exciting... and the damn thing still looks so cool with the FRC shape and small glass in the back and 20 years later still no slouch with an 0-60 just under 4... I may just wanna do some fixing up for pieces that seem to fall apart even sitting in a garage for most of 20 years and keep enjoying.

Don
I am here but hardly ever post. I have a 2004 Commemorative Edition Z06 that I bought in August 2006 with 1,423 miles. QUACKEN currently has 27,346 miles. She was Bloomington Gold Certified in 2010. This year she received NCRS Chapter Top Flight in WI and IL, Regional Top Flight at the IA Regional and passed Performance Verification in IA as well. She’s registered for Triple Diamond at MCACN in November and is qualified to try for the NCRS Dave Hill award at National. The car is all stock and unrestored.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I'm still here. Well kind of. It's only been just over 4 years with a different C5 Z06 in the garage since I last posted.

I'll admit, it's nice to see a couple familiar monikers of those who still share the same passion for their Corvettes. With that, I'll set aside more time this winter, and post up a bit more.

Thanks to Don for the "Save the Wave".

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hey Don! ...and I also see Mufflerbearing (aka: Pat, right?) Long time...
I still have my 02 that I bought new. Has a bit over 95K on it...(haven't been driving it much...have a bum left ankle & knee). I'll have to spend a quick minute on this site soon to see the changes. ;)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Hey Don! ...and I also see Mufflerbearing (aka: Pat, right?) Long time...
I still have my 02 that I bought new. Has a bit over 95K on it...(haven't been driving it much...have a bum left ankle & knee). I'll have to spend a quick minute on this site soon to see the changes. ;)
Good memory, yes I’m still Pat most of the time. I’m hoping things pick up here when the C8 Z06 hits the road in another year or two.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Hello Don,
I still visit this site on occasion. I joined in 2001 when the ZO6 and this site were new. I have many good memories from being on this site. Performin Norman (RIP) doing doughnuts in his viper, the contests and so on.
I don't have my 02 ZO6 any longer. I got the deal of the century on an 09 ZR1 with only 9016 miles on it from my nephew who works at a Mercedes dealership. He took in 4 ZR1's and a 427 convertible from one of his customers. I traded in the ZO6 toward it.
About a year later the new owner contacted me and we met up. It was great to see my old ZO6 which I owned for 16 years. I do miss that car. I had many great times in it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hi,

Don
I think I qualify as "an original" - sold my 01 Z, had another C8Z and now a Callaway '17 757. Still alive!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I think I qualify as "an original" - sold my 01 Z, had another C8Z and now a Callaway '17 757. Still alive!
maybe c6z ? I joined probably 2002 around when I got my 2003 z06 that I still own ., stripped it down because race car which sometimes a shame but it’s fun at drag strip., do enjoy 427 somewhat stock and the 2 bone stock c7s are fun as well., that being said I miss flip lights and how light the c5z is ((()))

·
Registered
638 Posts
maybe c6z ? I joined probably 2002 around when I got my 2003 z06 that I still own ., stripped it down because race car which sometimes a shame but it’s fun at drag strip., do enjoy 427 somewhat stock and the 2 bone stock c7s are fun as well., that being said I miss flip lights and how light the c5z is ((()))
Yes, C6Z - Lingenfelter version. My old fingers slipped. I do want a C8Z...!

·
Premium Member
9,757 Posts
I still drop by from time to time. I sold my Z a few years ago after moving to UT. I've got a built Jeep Wrangler on 35s to go to so many cool places around here.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hi Don! I am back as well. I had to to sell my 2003 Z06 in 2004 when I was laid off from my job. I then had a 2002 and sold that because it just wasn't right for me then. Now I just bought another 2003 so I can go back to those days.

I joined in 2001 as you can see from my little bar on the left. I too am trying to refresh my knowledge and also to see how everyone is doing as well as learn new tricks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts