Corvette Z06 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Well ours is now my daily driver thanks to the chip shortage.

• Love
Reactions: lilesv

·
Premium Member
2003 Quicksilver Z06
29 Posts
Well ours is now my daily driver thanks to the chip shortage.
My '03 has always been my daily driver, since Dec 2002 purchase. Figured if I had to commute, I might as well enjoy the ride! :) It stays home when I do (high-mileage car), but I have a tendency to keep 'em (like the '66 I bought in '72 | a seriously high-mileage car). Don't really care for garage ornaments.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
897 Posts
Been a while since I was on here! Still got my 2002 Z06, with a little under 25,000 miles (mostly from Kansas City to the Z06vette Fest and back (back in the day). Steve

·
Super Moderator
685 Posts
I'm still around. 04Z06. This place is horrible now. Cant say it's even worth coming back to. Just a skeleton of it's old self...sad.
Yes, it's very quiet. Sure wish we could think of a way to bring back some of the banter etc.
There are plenty of Z06 owners out there, how do we get them back to posting etc or attract new posters?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Yes, it's very quiet. Sure wish we could think of a way to bring back some of the banter etc.
There are plenty of Z06 owners out there, how do we get them back to posting etc or attract new posters?
There was a group of people who used to be the heart of this place. I remember some of their names, if you know what happened to them, please let me know. MikesZ06, Siska, JubJub, PerformanNorman, Blackz06, Leslie, Vant, Case.

I wish they were still around. They were the ones who were always in the middle of the banter. I loved it too. I used to coudnt wait to jump online and come here. Was a second home to me. I hope all those folks are healthy and well, and have just moved on with other cars.

I also think it takes people who have a passion for these cars, and want to spend time talking about them. A lot of the younger crowd doesnt seem that interested.

·
Super Moderator
685 Posts
Yes, I remember them all and wonder as well. Also MDickie and Sconi! We had a group from New England that used to get together all the time. I sure miss those days. I wish I could find some of the picture with the banners we used to take from our get togethers. A beer and wings and watchin NASCAR at Hooters was always fun.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Siska moved to Texas, PerformanNorman passed away years ago as I believe MikesZ06 did also. We got together when he came out west and he had health issues back then. Mike turned out to be a great moderator.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Siska moved to Texas, PerformanNorman passed away years ago as I believe MikesZ06 did also. We got together when he came out west and he had health issues back then. Mike turned out to be a great moderator.
Hadn't heard about Normand Mike. A couple of great guys from KC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone, I was at all the Zo6 Fests, back when the Corvette Museum was a sponsor and did beach bend and always enjoyed trip to Makers Mark ( crazy ride). I had the 2000 FRC red that I called the wanttobe. I miss the wild parties at the Hampton Inn. I recently sold my 2000 and missed it so and ran into a 2003 Zo6 red w 28K mi, had to have it and have been cleaning it up since I got it shipped from CA. I'm above Knoxville, love to chat or meet w my Zo6.
Sorry to hear about Norman, was a great guy for sure.
Gary

21 - 33 of 33 Posts