Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the car this weekend, here is one teaser pic, I'm working on my website so you guys can see all the pics...notice I've had it 2 days and I already have chrome rims and euro tailights installed...the 2002 is simply awesome.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Paintdog,

Congrats!! It looks great with the chromies! What's next?

Mark

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Paintdog ( Luckydog )- Congrats... your Z06 looks great /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

I ordered the clear Euros today from [email protected] no chromies for me though /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

You gotta be on cloud 9... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Sorry! Too much drool on my keyboard. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dunno what else I'm gonna do, I think first I need to get this shit eatin' grin surgically removed from my face!
Next, well I have a MOMO knob ready..waiting for the hurst shifter if its any good. I'm also gonna put on a Halltech intake when I see the new ones. I gotta tell you guys, this thing is a BEAST. The sound at idle is nice, and at 70-80mph is barely noticeable. BUT let me tell you, when you punch it up over 3k rpms,(which I havent done much of due to break-in) Its MUCH louder than the B&B Triflo I had on my coupe, its unreal. NO WAY am I gonna change the exhaust.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
That exhaust is gonna be music to my ears! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys would not believe the stares I have been getting over the last two days. Nobody ever noticed the red coupe I had, but people are going nuts over this yellow Z. I have had 5 separate guys try to race me and I only have 260 miles on the car. Funny thing is that 4 of them were mustangs! Are these guys on crack? Hell only one of them was a GT! I wouldn't give them the pleasure needless to say...they are probably on the rustang board saying "came up on a 2002 Z06..he didn't want none!"

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-07-30 21:21, PAINTDOG spewed forth this drivel:
Its MUCH louder than the B&B Triflo I had on my coupe, its unreal. NO WAY am I gonna change the exhaust.

Told ya so!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif You wasn't listening. The exhaust are RIGHTOUS!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Dog, you gotta lower that bad boy some so it fills up the wheel wells. Don't lower quite as far as the bolts will allow, but close. Ride will not be affected. That car of yours looks SWEET! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
575 Posts
Car looks great! Interesting on the exhaust note. Now ya need to paint those Corvette letters on the back and front! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
I'm gonna go crazy waiting!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was thinking of the laser cut stainless steel lettering...It would match the look of the chrome and the Z06 emblem. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Congrats. I can't wait to hear the exhaust. The stainless letters would look awesome IMO.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Dog:

Beautiful Z!!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
jason--
No words can come out! Can't get the grin to wane a DAMN bit!!! Your Z06 is just breath taking to ogle at!!!! Man! How am I going to spend these last few weeks/days I have left before my "banana missile" gets built!! Tell you what Pal!! West Virginia is going to have 2 of the nicest sounding Z06s' and "flashiest" (after I have my Strobes installed) on Planet Earth...!!! All I can say is F#*CKING AWESOME!!!!
Thanks for sharing with us!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
The Haltech would make that baby scream, I couldn't believe what it did to my 01.

97 Mustang Cobra Conv.--475 rwhp with alot of goodies

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I'd give a nod to the stainless letters. I'd probably tint the windows too. That is a beautiful machine! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 20 of 33 Posts