Corvette Z06 Forum banner

I'm crying over here

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  fcalmes 
#1 ·
First the sub guy takes out my front end and now the body shop manager calls me and informes me that the car was backed into while it was going to the wash bay.:flaming: :puke: I now have a crack in the drivers side rear quarter panel. There solution is to fix it with glue:flaming: So now I have a wrecked and fixed, poorly, front end and a cracked panel on the rear. So to me the car is just about useless. Total time for all these repairs is going to be pushing 1 month next week. They gave me a freakin brand new saturn to drive:flaming: Say they will fix it good as new, yah right, and me, the body shop manager, and the service manager will go over the car with a fine tooth comb before I leave. I'm not going to be happy because I still in my mind will have a wrecked car, that was the dealerships fault.

Help me with what sort of action I should be taking.

I did drop Mr. Franks name to the service manager, he took me a little more serious after that.;)

I think I'm going to drink a few:guiness: and go admire the piece of crap sitting in my drive way

Oh and this wonderfull experience has been provided by ELCO Chevorlet in Balwin Missouri, they are actually listed as a forum prefered vendor over <----------

See less See more
#2 ·
inexcusable........based on what I'm hearing, I'm not sure this is the type of vendor we need here. Among other things, I'm going to consider their removal. The only thing that can save them now is Frank........or them making good on this problem.......

JC

#7 ·
Frank, They would not let me talk to Mark yet. They instead insisted that I talk with Kevin Bradford, service director. He wants me to give them a chance to repair it. Thats fine and dandy but it will still be a wrecked car. I think more and more a new car is in order at thier cost. Do you think that is asking to much? What is a fair trade in value for the present car, 01 5900 miles, red with mod/red? What is the rough dealer cost on an 02? Should I contact a lawyer?
I'm so upset that I actually almost cried this afternoon.

#9 ·
Kevin, if you need to talk to Mark, just call ELCO and ask for him. State the facts and stay calm. :cool: Don't be beligerent, that will get you nowhere with Mark. Kevin Bradford is a good guy, but you aren't going to get anywhere with him concerning the bodyshop.

Will they give you a new one?? I doubt it. But, maybe they can cut you a deal. Was ELCO the cause of your Z being damaged, or was it an individual not associated with ELCO?? You need to know all the variables and the facts before approaching Mark...he can be very reasonable.

As far as the Bodyshop is concerned, do as I told you today. You can have your Z fixed elsewhere. I can give you a # to call for details.

It's a real shame, their bodyshop used to be the best, but I've heard horror stories lately...such as when they replaced Sherylann's hood and painted it Brown instead of Black. :eek:

Frank

#11 ·
If you don't ask, you won't get a new one.
While the chances of getting a new car would be somewhere between slim and none, if you work with them, you just might get a decent trade out of them, particularly if the repairs are done right.

Good luck though! :D

#12 ·
Man that's :bs: I'm so sorry to hear that that makes me so:flaming: Time to get tough with those careless baSTA^*$.

#15 ·
kevslionel said:
I think more and more a new car is in order at thier cost.
I know what you must be feeling, but there's no way you're gonna get a new car out of this. Be reasonable in your expectations and you're more likely to achieve a reasonable outcome. IMO, if they screwed up a panel, they should replace the panel with a new one and make the car as it was. To try to demand much more will only create an adversarial situation, and may make it more difficult to resolve.

Just my $.02. I feel your pain .. this situation sucks. One more reason I'll do just about anything to avoid going to a dealer for service.

#16 ·
I know they are not going to give me a new car. But I was thinking that if they gave me a fair value on trade and sold me an 02 whatever their dealer cost is I might go for it. I could then take advantage of the 0.0%. If the differance between my current car to an 02 was 3000 to 4000 I could justify the cost. I would have a year newer car, it would not be wrecked and I would be able to smoke Frank everytime I see him since I would have the 02 and he the 01 :yeadog: LOL.

But seriouslly does anybody think one hell of a deal is out of order here? I don't want them to loose money but I don't want them to make much either. I was also thinking that there are several accessories that I need for my S-10 truck, maybe I could get them to swing giving or selling at a great reduction these items.

Oh and it was backed into by one of the body shop employees:flaming: :flaming:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.