Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my Z06, thanks everyone

Hi all
well, its friday night, and i can't sleep, my wife is in bed and she is getting annoyed of me waking up in the middle of the night, walking up and down the stairs, cause i have been waiting over 3 weeks for this deal to go through.

i am picking up a 02 Z06 on monday. So another 48 hours of torture...

ah well... just my 2 cents (canadian, so about 0.005 cents US)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Get some sleep now this way when you pick the Z up you can drive it all day and all night. Good Luck and welcome to the Z06 family. I wonder how long it will take you to get the mod bug? :cheers: :guiness:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Boy, does this post sound familiar. I did museum delivery when I got my '02. I was the last '02 delivery in the summer of '02 and thanks to my son graduating I could not pick it up until July 17. For three weeks it sat on floor at the museum under a web-cam. So I could watch it 24/7, and according to my wife, I did. :yeadog:

Couple of days you will have it and then your jaw will start hurting from the wide ass grin you can't get off your face.

Enjoy :thumb:

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Backlash said:
Boy, does this post sound familiar. I did museum delivery when I got my '02. I was the last '02 delivery in the summer of '02 and thanks to my son graduating I could not pick it up until July 17. For three weeks it sat on floor at the museum under a web-cam. So I could watch it 24/7, and according to my wife, I did. :yeadog:

Couple of days you will have it and then your jaw will start hurting from the wide ass grin you can't get off your face.

Dang Tom talk about anticipation anxiety!!! :eek:

mannygmt2 Welcome to the family. :z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Backlash said:

:yeadog:
welcome to the fold! :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

What color Zee did you get?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well worth the wait and anxiety..

Congrats on the new Z. I recently picked up my Z too, and your experience will definitely justify the sleepness nights!

Problem is, once you have full access to the car, this only exascerbates your condition!! :mah: Desire to head out for the morning commute will increase, problems focusing at work will ensue as you're thinking about the Z waiting for you in the parking garage / lot..

Have a great time next week!

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
mannygmt2 said:
Hi all
well, its friday night, and i can't sleep, my wife is in bed and she is getting annoyed of me waking up in the middle of the night, walking up and down the stairs, cause i have been waiting over 3 weeks for this deal to go through.

i am picking up a 02 Z06 on monday. So another 48 hours of torture...

ah well... just my 2 cents (canadian, so about 0.005 cents US)
do you have kids?

tell your wife waiting for your Z06 is like the anticipation of BIRTH, she will understand that :thumb:

congrats on the Zzz, you will be HOOKED

-Leslie

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the fold!! Learn how to drive that baby before any mods though. :thumb: It's pretty awesome stock too! :yeadog:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Congratulations. It will be well worth the wait. :jammin:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Congrats! :guiness: Hope the snow melts up there by Monday so you can give the Z a little gas pedal on the way home..... :eek: Oh, don't forget to put it in Comp. Mode...cause it's easy to do a Steve McQueen and be headin' back the other way. :yeadog: Welcome, and enjoy! ;)

Bob :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys,

Its sunday afternoon, i am trying to keep myself busy and get my mine off the Z.... I can't sleep at night, i eat and get indigestion, I am constantly looking at my watch, heck i even washed my company van (03' GMC Safari cargo AWD, averaging a poor 14MPG...???WTF???... the Z06 will get better mileage i am sure)

Anyway, i am picking up my silver on black leather, 02' Z06 tomorrow (april 11), unless the owner changes his mind, which I fear can happen, he wasn't too thrilled about selling me his car.

I really wished he would have gave me the car on friday, such a beautiful sunny weekend, the snow is all gone here in Montreal (canada). Mostly everyone has taken out their cars from hibernation, and I am just in agonzing pain, my wife left to do some shopping cause my anticipation is driving her nuts. I have no idea how the hell i am expected to work tomorrow (Maybe i should just give everyone the day off so i can enjoy my car??? would that be wrong??? Tomorrow, Monday, will be by far, the best Monday ever....

anyway... later dudes

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
TAKE THE DAY OFF!!!

are you kidding? if it's a DO-able thing, go for it! I LOVE the silver Z06's, that will probably be my next color

LIFE IS SHORT:thumb:

-dudette

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the sale goes through! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Welcome and good luck :jammin: 2002 is a good year :lol:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
So what's up??? Did you get the car?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts