Folks,
I'm seeing some issues/symptoms.

Mods on 02 Z w/31000 miles:
- 224/224 cam
- Stainless Works headers
- Shaner
- Vortex airbox

Problem:
I'm wondering if the "10 PCM 02 Sensor" codes described below are triggering the "60 IPC Loss of PCM/DCM/IPC Communication" codes below.

Symptoms:
-- Last couple of weeks at least... some times burning smell on start up, and then tonight, buring smell returned briefly for 30 sec or so. Had local quickie lube change oil two weeks ago, w/my oil and filter... Can't remember precisely if I smelled this previous to oil change.
-- 8-10 codes over the past couple of 2-4 weeks, the 10 PCM codes
-- The "60 IPC" codes have never appeared w/o the "10 PCM" codes

Circumstances:
-- AC has been on in all instances.
-- I've had Stainless Work headers on for the past year and I'm using 02 sims in the back two slots on the headers. Was not seeing any codes until the last 3 months or so.
-- I drive the car 2-3 times a week: airport and back, then maybe to block buster.
-- Outside temps ranging from 77 to 102
-- Ran HPTuner scan/log on the car for 60 min and saw nothing unusual. I did not get any codes during this time.
-- The "10 PCM" codes some time on start up, usually if I romp on it, some times not all.

Codes:
10 PCM HC (Heated O2 Sensor--heater circuit banks 1 and 2, Sensor 2-B)
P0161
P0141 (Get this one WAY less often... 2 time in last 3 month)
60-IPC H C (Communication Loss errors-- PCM, DCM, and IPC)
U1016
U1064
U1040
U1176
U1088
80 Radio H C (Communication Loss errors-- PCM, DCM, and IPC)
U1096
U1064
U1016
28TCS (on start up, only. Maybe 2 in last month)
Service system
ABS warm up

Thanks in advance for any help.
Doug

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I replaced the battery, last Monday, and did not get a chance to drive it until today. Good news: not communication codes popped. Bad news: Still getting the 02 codes from my 02 sims. I'm going to try disabling the codes and getting the car into the air this weekend to check wiring and such.

will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts