Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until all the hoopla dies down & possible 1st year bugs are worked out, and they're cheaper...

I've had an '01 & '02 Z cars(both sold), but I'm selling the LPE TT to get another C5 Z(can't stay away from them!) to hold me over til I can get a VY '07 Z.

I figure if they do make 20% of production Zs, the prices will drop to where they can be purchased under MSRP.
I believe that too many new C6 Vette owners will want(can only drive) autos & open roofs, so the Z cars will be plentiful in due time.

Any one else out there have the same thoughts?

Man, I love these cars! :thumb: :z:

·
Registered
223 Posts
wuz feeling same as you until today's mail brought AutoWeek with beeuutifuull cover shot/headline "The Best Supercar Buy Of All Time!"...immediate thoughts of selling the '02 and pacecar, running down to Jacobs Chevy and begging them to accept my unworthy checkbook....sanity of sorts took hold, remembering "below MSRP" pricing on the '02 early production orders....not a good comparison to the C6 scenario, but, I think you are right about waiting...for me, there is something immoral about paying sticker or worse, and, everyone remembers the '01 issues :mug:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
GTB/ZR-1 said:
I believe that too many new C6 Vette owners will want(can only drive) autos
Seeing people buy automatic Corvettes makes me sad :cry: It's a world class sports car, dammit, not a freakin' Bentley :)

I really believe the standard Vette should be Z51 + 6 speed. The softer suspension and auto should be options, but you should have to go out of your way to get them.

(Actually I think Z51 is the standard suspension for European C6's - but I guess stateside people want their sports cars on the wimpy side <shrug>).

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
March 2007, new C6 Z06's will be sitting on dealer lots, covered with snow and other grime, for under MSRP. My call, my fantasy, don't take it away from me.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well, hopefully they won't make as many so that won't happen.....

But just for you - We'll hope for wishful thinking on my part as you should know GM isn't out for just $$$ LOL

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I still say you will not have to wait that long. Especially if premimun gas stays north of $3.00/gallon or worse heads to $4.00. High costs of gasoline will put pressure on people's individual budgets, and will also marginalize the ability of people that are on the bubble of being able to afford a $70,000 car to the side of it being unaffordable. As soon as the ones for whom high gas prices are no object have gotten theirs, everyone else will be taking a hard look at whether or not they can afford to own and operate a Corvette - which for most is a toy - or if they need to concentrate their funds on basic necessities or on cheaper (read economical) transportation.

Z06's will be discounted heavily by this time next year. Bank on it.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yeah, I'm waiting too. If I can pick up a slightly used one for around $50K, that's much more palatable than $70K. I'm not buying the gas price theory though. For as much as a Vette is typically driven, another $10 a week for gas isn't going to force anyone into a Prius :) I think it'll make the clowns buying Hummers think about a minivan though...

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
It does make me wish they had added Displacement on Demand to the C6 though. As far as I can tell, it has no drawbacks - just better mileage!

Would be sweet to have a Vette getting 35 MPG on the highway.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
proexpert said:
March 2007, new C6 Z06's will be sitting on dealer lots, covered with snow and other grime, for under MSRP. My call, my fantasy, don't take it away from me.
My thoughts exactly...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
As soon as my rich Uncle gets out of the poor house, I'll buy one. :drunken:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Even at Les Stanford and others, if you put in an order today, you might be waiting a year anyway (they have 250 deposits and are planning on getting 4 units a week, do the math).....that being said, I don't think you will see many sitting at the dealer....David Hill said the same thing last weekend "they won't be plentiful for a couple of years"....hand built engines, carbon fiber panels....production nightmares that will keep the numbers low and the fans waiting.... :cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
novetteyet said:
Seeing people buy automatic Corvettes makes me sad :cry: It's a world class sports car, dammit, not a freakin' Bentley :)

I really believe the standard Vette should be Z51 + 6 speed. The softer suspension and auto should be options, but you should have to go out of your way to get them.

(Actually I think Z51 is the standard suspension for European C6's - but I guess stateside people want their sports cars on the wimpy side <shrug>).
I'm with you there. My first Vette, an '01, had the cockpit-adjustable shocks and was way too soft. Traded up for the '03 Z, a big improvement. I expect the improvement from the '03 to the '06 will be just as dramatic.

·
Registered
84 Posts
hey guy's, first time on this site. my brother just told me about it yesterday.
well, i put my name on a list over 2 1/2 years ago for this bad boy, at the time i was #6. over the years i guess people lost interest or got tired of waiting and BAM i am now #1. i ordered the car on july 11th but have still not heard of a production # yet. the dealer says they are waiting for their alocations. they said i should recieve my baby sometime late october early, november. according to my dealer, they are only expecting 125 units to be shipped to california for 06'. if that is true, i don't see the prices dropping too soon. i was told at first that the car would be selling for $10-20k over sticker :bs:. when i was finally called to place the order someone must have pulled their head out of their :cen: and decided to sell it at window sticker. all said and done i should be around $79-80k. a small price to pay for a life long dream. 06' velocity yellow, 427, 505hp, ZO6 in my garage PRICELESS.

·
Registered
338 Posts
gdc6z06 said:
hey guy's, first time on this site. my brother just told me about it yesterday.
well, i put my name on a list over 2 1/2 years ago for this bad boy, at the time i was #6. over the years i guess people lost interest or got tired of waiting and BAM i am now #1. i ordered the car on july 11th but have still not heard of a production # yet. the dealer says they are waiting for their alocations. they said i should recieve my baby sometime late october early, november. according to my dealer, they are only expecting 125 units to be shipped to california for 06'. if that is true, i don't see the prices dropping too soon. i was told at first that the car would be selling for $10-20k over sticker :bs:. when i was finally called to place the order someone must have pulled their head out of their :cen: and decided to sell it at window sticker. all said and done i should be around $79-80k. a small price to pay for a life long dream. 06' velocity yellow, 427, 505hp, ZO6 in my garage PRICELESS.
Your dealer should know his allocations, especially for the first one. My dealer has been very upfront and lets me know what is going on by e-mail. I moved from #7 to #4 and have a definite allocation in Sept. I should know shortly when I will get my Z06. Best part is getting it and knowing I did not pay sticker or anything over it. This is my dealer for life, they treat you well especially when you do repeat business with them. Bruce Glueck Chevrolet in Jasper, Fla. Ask for Becky Davis. She will treat you right, though I know their allocations for this year are filled.

·
Registered
10 Posts
constren said:
Even at Les Stanford and others, if you put in an order today, you might be waiting a year anyway (they have 250 deposits and are planning on getting 4 units a week, do the math).....that being said, I don't think you will see many sitting at the dealer....David Hill said the same thing last weekend "they won't be plentiful for a couple of years"....hand built engines, carbon fiber panels....production nightmares that will keep the numbers low and the fans waiting.... :cool:

Why les stanford, Maxie Price in Ga just took my deposit and I'm #106 on their list (as well as #6 at a local small volume vette dealor), forget 250. When I contacted Les Stan they told me the 2006 year was gone and they were accepting deposits for the 2007 model year. Maxie think I'll have a car in the spring-early summer '06.

·
Registered
84 Posts
so how does this work? do the larger dealers get their orders filled first? or , do they just get more slots to order in?
if i ordered from a small vette dealer (but large truck dealer) and they are alllocated 1 zo6 for 06' do i have to wait longer because of their low vette volume? seeing as i am #1 and have heard nothing about vin/production #'s i'm a little concerned.
how long ago did you all order your zo6's? i placed my order/deposit july 11th.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
gdc6z06 said:
so how does this work? do the larger dealers get their orders filled first? or , do they just get more slots to order in?
if i ordered from a small vette dealer (but large truck dealer) and they are alllocated 1 zo6 for 06' do i have to wait longer because of their low vette volume? seeing as i am #1 and have heard nothing about vin/production #'s i'm a little concerned.
Yes, Corvette allocation is based on sales volume of Corvettes only for the previous year. If your dealer sold a very low volume of Corvettes, it could be quite a while before they receive an allocation for a new Z. Your dealer should already know when they will receive an allocation. If they tell you that they do not know, I would be highly suspect of them.

·
Registered
765 Posts
gdc6z06 said:
It is all based on Vette sales, post up or PM me your dealer information and/or order number and I can attempt to help you.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
sorry this is off topic but where can i buy autoweek? can you only get it mailed to you? I went to boarders books and they didn't have it. any suggestions?

good luck on the wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cormier Chevrolet in Long Beach said they have 50 allocations for this year and they only have 10 deposits down...but the salesman told me they were going to be selling them for 10k over sticker. But even at that, I'm surprised they only have 20% of them accounted for.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts