Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to leave the Millenium Yellow rebels and join the Silver Republic!:D Anyway, the story is like this.. I've had a deposit on a 2002 Z06 at a small dealer since April and in July I told him to order me yellow with black interior. I was first on the list, but supposedly 2 allocations went by and still no yellow. So I got bumped to third and waited over a month for another allocation of any color, but as of now, still no allocation. So I decided to stop wasting my time and called Les Stanford Chevrolet in Michigan and today I placed my order for a silver/black beast with a TPW of last week of September and delivery in mid-October! I didn't go for yellow because it would take 5 months to get it and besides I was never too crazy about it as I've always liked silver as well. Both colors look great in my opinion. And the cheap $200 courtesy delivery to a nearby small dealer who's enthusiastic about the delivery is the ultimate icing on the cake!:-D :-D

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Congrats beggar! It won't be long now :) I know how you feel, that MY wait is a nightmare. Your gonna love your car regardless of the color choice. I've got 460 miles on the clock and now and I'm moving up into the 4-5K RPM range..... oh man it's gonna be great!!! :-D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I'm glad you're getting things worked out. You'll be riding soon!

For your next Vette, perhaps the forums' dealers can help get you placed sooner...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
fcalmes said:
I love my Silver Bullit!! :D
Looks great Frank! Mine will be just like that except those BSM's (and those chrome wheels and exhaust which I'm guessing are aftermarket). In fact, I didn't order any of the options as none of them appeal to me.

Manatee, it actually doesn't really matter that I wasted my time because I wouldn't have been able to afford the car until now anyway. But I'm glad I switched to a larger dealer otherwise I'd be waiting a lot longer than I need to. I almost went with Maxie Price but I didn't feel like making the larger deposit that they require (that way I can use the money for something else). Also it was Les Stanford that found this nice delivering dealership for me, so I rewarded them by ordering from them. :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hey Beggar,

Maybe I'm confused or the dealer is... I'm waiting to order from a small dealer who just received notice that they will get an allocation for the 02' Z06. This dealer said I can choose any color, options etc... that I want.

Can anyone shed some light on the allocation process?

:confused: :confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
beggar,

Sorry to see you leave the "yellow guys" but the wait gets to be to much and I can certainly understand. Good luck, silver would be my 2nd choice.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Y2K2Z06, it seems like your dealership is really small and it might not get an allocation until the end of the model year. Any word on when the dealer will get the allocation? The way I understand it, allocation is the dealer's ability or opportunity to order. Also, a dealer's allocation depends on sales from previous year. A dealer has to have sold at least 5 Vettes in the past year in order to get a Z06 allocation. Unless you got some super bargain and are willing to wait, I'd recommend ordering from a large dealer and have the car delivered to a willing local dealer if you can find one.

Jbalch, well at least your Z will be more rare now. :) Silver was also my 2nd choice, although recently even before I ordered I felt like it's just as nice as yellow or even nicer under certain lighting. One thing I didn't like as much about yellow was the tint, that sometimes the color was too dark. If I really wanted yellow, I'm sure I'd wait for it. I guess I wasn't that loyal afterall.:eek:

G

·
Just curious..I have been recommending Rick Daniels of Maxie Price all over town..what was the reason you chose not to go with his deal.

I don't mean to be intrusive but I didn't quite understand what you meant by..his dealership requiring a large deposit? Is that to order the car or to buy it?

Either way...congrats on your new silver bullit. I saw one in person just a few weeks ago..all I can say is holly cr-ap its stunning.

Of course there is no bad color for such a fine car. The high polish or chrome wheels Frank has certainly set off the car quite well.

Good luck!

JB

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Let me try to explane how a deposit works with us. We ask for a deposit for two reasons. First is to show good faith and to show that the customer is serious about wanting to order the car FROM US only. The reason for this is simple. If we turn in an order to GM as a retail order in some ones name and for what ever reason the customer does not pick up the car, Gm could look at that as if we are trying to pad our allocation so as to get more Vettes and that is a very big No No. They look at this from a big Vette dealer very close. Second. We send a lot of Vettes out of state all over the nation. If we have a Vette droped shipped to Ca. or any where else for that matter and the customer does not pick up the car we are the ones who have to pay to have the car shipped back to us in Atlanta. In this case the deposit is ment to off set those charges. Unfortunately it cost more to ship a car back from the west coast than it does from the east coast so we have to ask for a bigger deposit from those on the west coast. You can be assured that every dollor of the deposit goes to the price of the car in any case. I hope from a business stand point this is understandable to every one.
:)

·
Registered
670 Posts
beggar said:
Y2K2Z06, it seems like your dealership is really small and it might not get an allocation until the end of the model year. Any word on when the dealer will get the allocation? The way I understand it, allocation is the dealer's ability or opportunity to order. Also, a dealer's allocation depends on sales from previous year. A dealer has to have sold at least 5 Vettes in the past year in order to get a Z06 allocation. Unless you got some super bargain and are willing to wait, I'd recommend ordering from a large dealer and have the car delivered to a willing local dealer if you can find one.

Jbalch, well at least your Z will be more rare now. :) Silver was also my 2nd choice, although recently even before I ordered I felt like it's just as nice as yellow or even nicer under certain lighting. One thing I didn't like as much about yellow was the tint, that sometimes the color was too dark. If I really wanted yellow, I'm sure I'd wait for it. I guess I wasn't that loyal afterall.:eek:
Thanks for the update beggar!

I know the dealer I'm working with had one allocation last year. But through different trades or what not... they sold 3 Z06's. I was only told they do get one allocation for 2002. I've put down a deposit of $2,000.00 to be first in line. It appears there are others behind me. I'm willing to wait since I have too many things going on in the homefront and work. I'm actually hoping for a Spring delivery so I can drive it home from the NCM. If not, I'll have it trucked (I know... driving it home is the best part)
:grin:

But hell... I may end up sleeping in it if I get my way.... :eek:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JBsC5, about the larger deposit, it was simply to order the car just like all dealers do it. The difference though is that Rick wanted 2000 while Les Stanford only required 1000. I'm serious about buying the car and have no intention of backing out, but the lower deposit sounded more attractive to me because soon I'll be applying for financing and I didn't want to jack up my credit card debt too much. Also I had a hard time finding a local dealer willing to do a delivery for me and Rick wasn't able to find one but Les Stanford was. I'm not the kind of person who would use someone to get something so I thought buying from Les Stanford was the decent thing to do. :) That's all.

Zapper, trust me I thought of all the colors! In fact I really like all of them except last year's white. So the switch to another color wasn't too difficult to make.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks, Rick. :)

Don, now that's the kind of political view that I wanted to see! :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
The punishment for treason is harsh, severe and final. :eek:

Say, could you leave me your TPW? :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.