Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s the latest.

Dealer says my T/R Z06 is being built this week and he/I should have it in a couple few weeks. Enterprise now has me in an ‘01 Dodge Intrepid SE. Man is it slow. I don’t see how people drive these things. Local Jag dealer is going lower and lower on a Jag convertible. Anyone want to buy an XK8 cheap?

Questions…
My dealer, Kerbeck in Atlantic City, NJ, told me that a CAGS eliminator voids the transmission warranty. Claims that his service manager was told by GM to void a warranty on a transmission because owner had installed CAGS eliminator. Anybody know about this??

Have any of you guys seen any quantifiable data on the various intake/cold air mods. Not RWHP, RWTQ, or SOTP improvements, but actual data showing flow dynamics, rates, and/or capacities? I’ve only been able to find conjectured horsepower gains without actual flow data to back up the claim. Am I missing something?

Thanks for all of your support. You all have made this excruciatingly painful wait tolerable.

Mike

------------------

·
Registered
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M3NOMORE:

Questions…
My dealer, Kerbeck in Atlantic City, NJ, told me that a CAGS eliminator voids the transmission warranty. Claims that his service manager was told by GM to void a warranty on a transmission because owner had installed CAGS eliminator. Anybody know about this??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find this hard to beleive,
but I will check with a definitive source and get back with you.

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
496 Posts
I've often wondered about the gains of a cold air intake on the Z06 and will have an answer after March 17th when I'll have the car dyno'ed. I'll post results then.

------------------
SSPORT IT UP!!!

2001 Corvette Z06 SS

E-Mail: [email protected]
National Corvette Museum Member #4641
2001 Speeday White Z06 Corvette SS
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Please do not get me started about Kerbeck, I purchased my first 2000 Mag Red convertible from them, I do not know if I could purchase another car from them. I could believe that they could refuse to work on your car if it has a CAGS on it. My dealer will warrantee my car with headers and any bolt on mods, I would find another dealer for service. JMO

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
59 Posts
The warranty should NOT be voided. Only the part removed and/or modded is voided. Thus, in this case, if the CAGS defeat resistor dies in your car, you are responsible for its repair or replacement. But, the transmission and clutch assembly are still warrantied.

Considering my dealer installed the CAGS defeat on my car before delivery, and still warranties the transmission, it sounds like kerbeck just doesn't want to deal with it.

------------------
-derek Z06 Black/Mod.Torch

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a transmission replaced in my Firehawk when it kept popping out of gear under warranty. No, it wasn't a Vette but it had the same PITA CAGS setup. I had installed a CAGS eliminator and the dealer didn't even mention it. I figured at a minumum he would've forgotten to reinstall it (I had forgotten to remove it). Sure enough, when I got the car back, the dealer had reinstalled the CAGS eliminator on the new trans just as it was on the old. I can't believe anyone would void a warranty over such a common/minor mod.

------------------
John Kelchen
'01 Blk/Blk ZO6

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

"I will check with a definitive source and get back with you."

Thanks Frank that would be helpful. You don't have CAGS eliminators on your Zs do you?

"I've often wondered about the gains of a cold air intake on the Z06 and will have an answer after March 17th when I'll have the car dyno'ed. I'll post results then."

SS: Which cold air system will you be testing? Did the manufacturer provide any flow data for the device? BTW cool stripes, and was it you that put a new rear fascia on your Z?

"Please do not get me started about Kerbeck"

Carl: Not to pour salt on a wound, but is there something I should watch out for when dealing with Kerbeck? JC wrote good things about them.

And speaking of JC, Frank, and Carl. Great freakin' forum. Thanks a bunch.

Mike

------------------

·
Registered
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M3NOMORE:

Thanks Frank that would be helpful. You don't have CAGS eliminators on your Zs do you?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No CAGS defeat on any of my Zs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts