Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im new here and im on the verge of making a very long awaited purchase of a 2002-2004 z06 to replace my very nice, yet kinda of slow 2002 m3. but the vette wont stay stock for long. first thing, i plan to do some minor suspension work in addition to some engine work (which i have a nice heads, cam, intake, exhaust combo already selected and some experience with ls1/ls6s already). however, being new to any non-fbody suspension, i need some ideas to get that vette absolutley rock solid and handling like its on rails for only around 2.5k.

ive driven a z06 and they handle too 'mushy' - yea its hard to imagine me thinking that - for my tastes. so im thinking about stiffening it up with some konis, sways from lgm (i know their products are damn good for f-bodies but i have no experience with vettes and if anybody can point me in a better direction i'd be much obliged), and some poly here and there (which is weird for me bc poly is the enemy in a solid axel car like f-bodies). however, i am somewhat still an amaetur when it comes to modifing suspension, and have heard rumors that swapping out shocks is a big job on a vette. so if anybody has any thought on the subject, dont hesitate to give me some pointers. oh yea and i have no interest in changing the springs or converting to c/o...

i was also thinking about some easier way to adjust alignment quickly, as i wanna use this car primarily as a race/street hybrid. i looked for camber plates for a while, but couldnt find em, but then i found some baer tie rods, that are supposed to allow adjustment of all suspension angles. if anyone could help me out there, id appreciate it.

sorry to sound like a newbie, but gess what... i kinda am... ill catch on soon enough if u guys can give me a few pointers here and there. also if theres a corvette road race forum can someone please point me in that direction. thanks all!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Welcome to the best vette site on the net ! i'm sure someone will answer your questions !

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts