Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still no Z yet, but it should be here any day now. In the meantime, I thought I'd get ready for her:
1. Cleaned the garage from top to bottom...again;
2. Painted the garage;
3. Cleaned all my tools, compressor and tool boxes;
4. Bought a full range of Zaino products;
5. Bought a new car cover;
6. Bought new personalized plates "405HP Z06";
7. Bought front/rear license plate covers;
8. Measured garage for lift and have collected a bunch of material on them (will wait 'till Spring before purchasing); and
9. Have driven by the dealership 3 times today :D

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
UH OH!!!!

Didja forget that Special California Muffler Duster Buster Brush for the top of the mufflers????:lol:

Enjoy Brutha!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Don'r forget "White Fieldcrest Charisma" towels with all trim cut off and edges sewn with 100% cotton thread to prevent unravelling. See Zaino site for more info. These towels available directly from mfg. Looks like you're all set.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Easy guys!

C'mon, don't rain on a guys enthusiasm! I gave up two very rare '67 Z-28 Camaros to get the Z, so I have a right to get a little anal about my garage don't I?

Psycho eh? Wait 'till we build our dream house in 5 years (come on stock options!). My part of the house consists of a 6 bay garage with all of the goodies. The rest belongs to my wife :eek:

That's when I also start the hunt for the rest of my "collection" - '67 RS Z-28 Camaro, '67 427/400 Corvette Coupe, '70 LS6 SS Chevelle, '67 L78 RS/SS Camaro...and the Z06 of course :p

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hey Zedder!

You might beat me...mine was built on the 8th, and it's still not here. GM says it's sitting on the Traincar here in Vancouver waiting to be unloaded...my Garage is frickin spotless!!!!!:(

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Zedder,

You got the bug :D

think about holding a 'lift' party. A bunch of guys get together and help put up your lift :) Happens a fair amount here in Atlanta :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mark good work,I did the same before I got my car, it's time well spent. I would like a lift myself . Maby this spring. Now it's time for one of these!! :guiness: :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks Guys, I knew I wasn't alone on this one:)

Roger: Already got the digi ready to go. I traded a transmission tunnel and RS headlight set-up for a Nikon Coolpix 900 last year ;) I'll post some pics once I get her picked up.

QKSLVR: Everyone I know that has a lift said it was the best "tool" they ever purchased. I've been doing a lot of research on these and am going with the Cytech Doublepark out of Kansas. It seems to be the best designed and manufactured and so far their contacts have been very helpful. I will wait 'till Spring also since I don't really need the space yet.

Manatee: Yeah, I have a link to a lift party held in Atlanta by one of the C5 Registry guys. Looks like the only way to go :guiness:

Kahuna: The wait must be killing you! At least you'll be able to enjoy the car a little during those mild BC winters :D My baby is going to have to go down for at least 4 months :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts