Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from CA Speedway in Fontana. It was pretty warm out tonight. Tonight was the hottest it's been this year, 93. The best the DA was 2500'.

Anyway, I ran several 11.9's @ 124mph. All 60' were 2.0. I know the 60' numbers are too high. But, I'm just not willing to pay the price in broken parts.

I would like to thank A&A Corvette, Andy and crew for putting together a trouble free package. Made about 12 passes with zero problems.

My main goal was driving home and avoiding the flat bed truck.

Lots of fast Corvettes there and some cool owners.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
CAracer said:
I just got back from CA Speedway in Fontana. It was pretty warm out tonight. Tonight was the hottest it's been this year, 93. The best the DA was 2500'.

Anyway, I ran several 11.9's @ 124mph. All 60' were 2.0. I know the 60' numbers are too high. But, I'm just not willing to pay the price in broken parts.

I would like to thank A&A Corvette, Andy and crew for putting together a trouble free package. Made about 12 passes with zero problems.

My main goal was driving home and avoiding the flat bed truck.

Lots of fast Corvettes there and some cool owners.
Really a good pass with all the things that were working against you. With that 2.0 60 I would guess you are running some kind of non-drag race tire and you must be spinning through most of your lower gears, duh. The 124 speed says you have a whole bunch of engine under the hood with a DA of 2500'. Now if you would bolt on some drag radials and air them up to get them to spin a bit but not too much they wouldn't break anything and it would be more fun in second and third, etc. and knock down some of that e.t. No flat beds. You have one strong running Z.

D.J.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Congrats :cheers:

Not only was it hot but there was a 10 mph head wind all night

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats :jammin: :jammin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts