Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is meant as a constructive post.

Can the size limit on pictures please be re-considered? When you have a bunch of pictures it's very time consuming to pair down some just to post here. I know you guys have come up with some great suggestions to make this easier -- but the only way it will truely become easier is if this restriction is removed.

I will close by saying I love this site, but I think it is sad that I am starting to see many long time posters putting their pictures on the "other" site rather then dealing with the re-sizing. I really believe this restriction is hurting the patronage on this site.

JMHO

-N

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
odd size photos throw the columns out wild.. and some people post HUGE photos.. raw size. right out of the camera..

this is a standard size.. sizing doesn't take much time.. lots of software to do it..

i don't think it will be reconsidered..

also a bandwith thing.. but i don't understand all that junk.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Here is a trick if you use high speed internet. Just select all the photos you want to downsize. Right click and choose, "Send to email recipient". Then allow it to shrink the size. Voila, they are all 640x480. Perfect for this board.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'll second the request to reconsider the image size requirement. The whole bandwidth thing just doesn't make any sense if the pic is hosted on another server.

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
well.. i don't make the rules.. just enforce them..

folks have lobbied for the bigger photos in the past.. it has failed.. just put a link to the big one if you want to show the hi res image.. just don't post it.. link it..

the higher ups will chime in here.. but i think i know the answer..

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Guys we will discuss it again with JC, but Mike is correct. The larger size pics make it more difficult to read a thread and you have to keep moving the page back and forth on subsequent posts. Also, and probably more importantly, the bandwidth issues from allowing larger size pics can get more costly and like everybody else, we're on a budget too.

Mike

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
aSorry guys, don't see this changing, one thing that was not mentioned so far is that there are still a lot of folks on dial-up connections and large photos make it virtually impossible for these folks to surf the site.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.