Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As most of you know I spend a lot of time on this Forum some times as much as 16 hrs a day. Not much of a life uh. But I try to look for those members that have questions about buying a Z06 and their are many issues that can come up. I think it is important that I try to answer most of them here for all to see. This is not a sales pitch for me, it is just the facts about the process in gen. and could apply to any dealer.

1) How long does it take to get a Z06?
As most know this depends on how many Z06s a dealer has to sale (allocation) the more Z06s a dealer sells the quicker the delv. time. It can be as little as 6 weeks to as much as never.

2) Price.
It has been said that the price of a Z06 is reversly propostional to the dealers ability to get you the car. The biggest discounts come from the dealers that have the hardest time getting Z06s.

3) Courtesy Deliveries.
A dealer can order a car to be shipped to any other dealership he chooses. Their is no extra fee for this other than the $645.00 dest. charge that is charged on all Corvette It is the customers responsability to choose a dealer that he feels good about preping their car and one that will treat the car with respect. In some cases a dealer may have used another dealer in their area that he may suggest but ultimately the customer makes the final decision. Their is a fee that the delv. dealer charges for this service and it can be as little as $150.00 to as much as $500.00. The selling dealer has nothing to do with this fee and gets no part of it.

4) Emissions.
All 2002 Corvettes are 50 state emission ready and can be sold in any state.

5) What taxes do you pay when buying out of state? You will be charged what ever taxes and tag and title fees that are required in the county that you reg. the car in, not the state you are buying it in.

6) How do I get updates on my order?
It is and shoud be the salesmans job to update his customers status on their order, no exceptions should be tolorated to this. It is very easy for then to get this info for you. If their is any other questions that I have not covered here please feel free to contact me any time. :)

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not that I am aware of. Their is a phone # that all dealers have that is called dealer services. All a salesman has to do is call and give them your order # and they will tell him what the status is. It is that simple. I say again their is no excuse for not being updated.:(

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome

JWilson,

Welcome to the best Z06 Forum on the net!! (I'm a little biased!!) :D

Seriously, lots of great people and good friends here!! :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Here's another question. Once my car is shipped is there any way to find out where the car is on a given day and the precise day it will arrive at the dealer?

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
By less than ethical means, yes.

But you have to really work for it :)

The salesman can get you VERY close, but I wound up calling the trucking company directly.......And they want to know who you work for.....Well, I don't *really* work for GM :D

JC

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Begger. When Vettes come into us they are shipped directly from the plant to our lot. 9 time out of 10 the whole truck is coming to us. I can only say that it will be at our lot in 1 week to 10 days after the week of TPW.:)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Rick, fantastic. :)

I hope you keep a text copy of that initial post so you can send it to folks who ask those questions.

Also, you might want to mention NCM deliveries as an alternative to folks who don't want to travel to GA, or do the courtesy delivery.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Vince, Thanks for bringing that to my attn. NCM delv. is avalible and is an option that cost $490.00. The car would then be picked up at the Museum rather than at your dealer. It is a very nice experience and should be considered. This could how ever delay your delv. by a couple of weeks due to the volume of cars being delv. there.:D

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Sixteen hours a day!?!? Wow, that's almost as bad as me. :rolleyes:

Here's another series of questions for you regarding "out of state, courtesy delivery".

1) What exactly does the delivering dealer do to "prep" the car for customer delivery?

2) How do I find out how much exactly the delivery fee will be and is this voluntary, ie, simply giving the guy who does a good job prepping the vehicle a personal tip? Is this policy set by the service dept's labor rates, by the GM, the owner or who?

3) When it comes time for the CSS (customer satisfaction survey) which dealer is being evaluted since two different dealers are actually involved?

4) If we are satified by one but not the other, or want to make a clear distinction, how does the customer reflect that on the same survey form?

5) If we wish to obtain GMAC financing and/or a GMPP warranty which dealer can do that for the customer? (I'm thinking that if either is arranged for at the dealer who delivers the car, the "prep" fee may possibly be waived - true or false?

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dsinned said:
Sixteen hours a day!?!? Wow, that's almost as bad as me. :rolleyes:

Here's another series of questions for you regarding "out of state, courtesy delivery".

1) What exactly does the delivering dealer do to "prep" the car for customer delivery?

2) How do I find out how much exactly the delivery fee will be and is this voluntary, ie, simply giving the guy who does a good job prepping the vehicle a personal tip? Is this policy set by the service dept's labor rates, by the GM, the owner or who?

3) When it comes time for the CSS (customer satisfaction survey) which dealer is being evaluted since two different dealers are actually involved?

4) If we are satified by one but not the other, or want to make a clear distinction, how does the customer reflect that on the same survey form?

5) If we wish to obtain GMAC financing and/or a GMPP warranty which dealer can do that for the customer? (I'm thinking that if either is arranged for at the dealer who delivers the car, the "prep" fee may possibly be waived - true or false?
Preping the car can involve a lot of things. If all goes well it should be a fairly simple process. They have to put on the lug covers on the wheels after installing the sec. lug on each wheel. they install the ft. air damp. the radio ant. gen check to make sure everything is tight and all fluids are up. tire press.is ok. and test drive the car to make sure all is working as it should.
The charge for prep & delv. is set by the owner of the dealerdhip. and is paid at time of delv. to that dealer by the customer as a seperate check. The salesman will find out how much as he tries to find a dealer to do the delv.
The CSI survey is for the selling dealership. I dont think their is a method for the delv. dealer to be included in the survey.
The fin. should be arranged by the selling dealer as the money goes to them.
The warrenty can be bought from any GM dealer and most of the time is included in the fin. contract and made part of the payments.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Surely, there must be a way to differentiate the "selling" dealer from "delivering" dealer on the CSI survey. If not, I can see how there could be a problem and a lot of finger pointing.

Say the delivering dealer does something that dissatisfies the customer, I don't think it would be fair for Chevrolet to acquire customer feedback that winds up gigging the selling dealer. In this situation the deliverying dealer should be accountable for
what they did to cause dissatisfaction to the customer. If a dissatisfier occurred during the "ordering" process, the selling dealer should be accountable. Each dealer should be accountable for a different part of the overall process.

FWIW, I think "the delivery" itself is probably the most important part of the new car buying. Even if there were issues during the ordering, or pre-delivery phase, I suspect a top notch delivery will tend to negate that and make the customer still feel satisfied.

Furthermore, Chevrolet already knows through their computer system(s) when an out of state courtesy delivery occurs and therefore the two different dealers involved. It should be an easy matter for the CSI, by the very nature of the querstions, to differentiate "pre-sales" from "post sales" responsibilities, and the cover letter from Chevy should make this clear. To do otherwise, just doesn't seem equitable or fair to either dealer.

My 2 cents worth anyway.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree with what you are saying. I see a lot of CSI surveys though and their is not a place on them for making a separete notation about the delv. dealers. When we order a out of state delv. we have to include the BAC # of the dealer the car is going to so yes GM will know who preps and delv. the car.
As a foot note my CSI is a perfect 4.0. I could not help that one guys. lol:D

·
Registered
597 Posts
So Rick,
Let's say that a customer has a satisfaction survey in hand. Do you think that the salesman deserves the highest rating if he doesn't even call to see if they made it back to Kansas, especially when the driver has a bad back :lol:

I will though have to factor in the free lunch that we stumbled on to. That was a great bonus from the staff. Now if we could just get that salesman in line :cheers:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just an FYI...since the selling dealer is tracking delivery, he can tell you when the vehicle arrives at the delivery dealership. This may be a couple days before you can actually pick up the car, however, because the car arrives before the paperwork. If you are financing the car, you must inspect the car, accept it, and sign the delivery papers, which then have to be sent back to the selling dealership, all before you are actually given the keys. Believe me, there is NO time longer than the time you see YOUR car sitting in the dealership, but YOU can't have it!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.