Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All who own them, at what point do/did you feel comfortable at starting the modding process??.
That is, "IF", you knew about the potential oil consumption issue's??.
Or, did it affect your decisions, one way ot the other?.

PS:.........I KNOW you are sick of this topic, but not near as sick as some of the '01 owners that are/have gotten scr4535........................:puke:

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
You're late if you think of modding AFTER delivery :) By this point, you should have a stack of mods waiting for the car :lol:

JC

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I race mine very very often on the track and I just always bring two quarts of oil with me for the weekend.
Outside of that these car's don't need much besides a set or race tires and a good harness to hold you down.
I did do a tric sidewinder and honestly car was no faster than stock or than the donaldson I had. Just fyi.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
I race mine very very often on the track and I just always bring two quarts of oil with me for the weekend.
Outside of that these car's don't need much besides a set or race tires and a good harness to hold you down.
I did do a tric sidewinder and honestly car was no faster than stock or than the donaldson I had. Just fyi.
Just curious, what were your et's mph and 60'?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I have run 12.5's at 112mph range but I take it easy on launch and shifts because I want the car to last on the real track. I race the car at road race circuits like summit point and vir, etc..
That's were these cars were really meant to be raced.
At summit point I run 1:25's in stock form without the race tires.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
So instead of a donaldson or halltech, maybe I could cut the stock airbox and put in a K&N filter? Has anybody done this?

·
Registered
528 Posts
MSiska said:
So instead of a donaldson or halltech, maybe I could cut the stock airbox and put in a K&N filter? Has anybody done this?
Why cut the air box? Just take the cover off all together. Get the hood seal for $13 if you worry about water. That's what I did for now. I'm still thinking hard about getting the Blackwing or the Vortex. Both looked very impressive.

I changed out the shifter and got rid of the CAGS the first week I had my Z. I'm looking to do Headers and Intake now. Still looking around for the best one. I'm leaning toward headers and intake from Breathless performance.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I added the HallTech sideWinder with the Z1000 filter. I have certainly noticed a difference in the performance. I have just ordered the BPP step headers and X-pipe and hope to have it installed by early december.
I talked to Les (FUBU) the other night and he is VERY pleased with the performance increase. If I get the numbers in increase that have been advertised, I should be around 375 rwhp (~440 hp crank) with those bolt-ons. I looks like it might be a nice Christmas holiday season in Florida.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Change the intake

The biggest and easiest mod for '01's is to change the intake. Whichever way you decide to go you won't be wrong. I just installed the Halltech T-1 (Sidewinder) and there is not a real SOTP difference. However, I have noticed it has much better throttle response.

BADASSZ06 removed his stock airbox and added the Donaldson Filter. He seems happy with that. JC and RANGER are both using the Halltech TRIC and their Z's are daily drivers.

My next mods may be the Corsa Titanium exhaust and the Hurst shifter if the reviews are favorable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put in a B&M Ripper, CAGS, BPP Votex/Powerduct and lowered it as soon as I had a chance. Then added TPIS long tubes at 800 miles. The car now has 1600 miles and the heads/cam, pulley, and PCM programming are going in ASAP!

·
Registered
16 Posts
IMA,

Thanks! Glad to be here. :D

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I have been useing the stock 01 cover with the K&N and run a best et of 11.985, the best mph with this setup for me was 115.95. I just picked up a 02 cover and think it might be worth .5 mph but will have to wait for spring to be shure. There is no right answer to the question of with system is better IMHO. I am a beliver in the Z06 screens for cool air and the better protection of the stock covers design for weather protection. I think my results show I am not giveing up very much if anything at substantial $$ saveings. Ric

1 - 14 of 14 Posts