Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it not possible to scale up the size of what we see on the screen? The actual width of the forum on my screen is 9 5/8" wide, yet my viewing area width is 16". The fonts are tiny.

The corvetteforum.com covers the whole width of my screen and allows large font sizes. It is much easier to read. Please consider this when you do your next upgrade. :)

I also see that I registered in April of 2008. Time does fly:grin:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah, well I registered in July, 2008. So take that!!!!! :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Steve,

Are you using 800X600 resolution??

Mine was set at 1024X768 and I was having the same [rpblem. Switched to 800X600 and now everything is OK. :)

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am 1280 by 1024.

I guess there is no way to automatically switch to that mode when I visit Z06Vette.com, and then switch back when I leave.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Well, I hate to say it, but its a compromise we have to live with.

Some users are limited to 800x600, so this is the minimum width. I use 1024x768, which I personally recommend....

Even if I let the forum scale, the fonts would be the same size. They are currently set to 12pt, which is basically a standard across the board....Though a lot of sites use 10pt, as in our home page.

With print (and web) design, its standard to not let more than 4-5 inches of text span across a page. It becomes hard to read because the eye has a harder time finding the next line.

Just for some background, my company builds sites for basically the whos who of the Fortune 500 with millions of dollars going into research of how users use sites and what they expect from a site....What does this mean? Well, honestly? Not a whole hell of a lot, but I applied those same guidelines to this site........FWIW....

JC

·
Registered
670 Posts
N4C5S is right. 800x600 is industry standard at this time (well, at most Enterprise shops). Just order yourselves a Hitachi thin, flat, 37-inch color plasma monitor! Only $10,000 and everything looks crystal clear! :D :lol: :-D

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I dont like it alot larger you have to scroll side to side that way witch is a pain to me. I like it just like it is. JMHO.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts