Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A last, great effort from a dieing company? Will GM go the way of Bethelem and the other steel companies: sold as facilities to eliminate the pension burden?

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
DavidNJ said:
A last, great effort from a dieing company? Will GM go the way of Bethelem and the other steel companies: sold as facilities to eliminate the pension burden?
I think in 20 years, the C6ZO6 will be like what the 1985 Corvette is today. A keepsake for some, an eye sore for others, and a has been for most replaced by far superior technology and advancement. Not to mention more intense outlines and interior that is unsurpassed in comfort and looks. If you haven't sat in a C6 yet, its amazing the upgraded look. I am not so fond of teh non-retractable headlamps, but that is quickly overlooked when you sit inside. The C5 interior has nothing on this new look. It is like the C5 was made to look generic. The C6 interior is outstanding. But, for 60K (a convertible at Watson Chevrolet, Tucson), I'll pass. But I was no doubtedly impressed to say the least and if I had the ducks, I would be on board. Maybe I should save for the new Z and not invest into modding my FRC? Maybe I should sell the FRC and put the funds to higher payments! Norm, you still interested? Hahahahahaha......I'll let her go for say.....$25,000 and I'll even throw in some new Air Freshener Trees. (a retail value of $1.29 for two at no extra charge) :rofl:

·
Registered
24 Posts
"The best thing about sitting in the C6 is, you can't see how bad the outside of the car looks from in here." I have to credit my dad with that, those were his words at the Autoshowinmotion.com last week.

·
Registered
139 Posts
DavidNJ said:
. . . Will GM go the way of Bethelem and the other steel companies: sold as facilities to eliminate the pension burden?
I hope not. I'll be either a night security guard or a Wal-Mart door greeter. :lol:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Retired GM Engr said:
I hope not. I'll be either a night security guard or a Wal-Mart door greeter. :lol:
GM is going to have to do something about its pension and health benefits to survive. And you know what that means....Either folks like you or your younger counterparts are going to take a hit, or the govt's PBGTF will have to bail it out (meaning our tax dollars), or some combination of the two. OF course, as we continue to create an environment in this country where industrial venture is scorned, Atlas will shrug a bit. :eek::

GM is still the world's largest automaker and has lots of talent. I think they'll find a way. If the folks we casually call fellow citizens would start thinking like Americans instead of just like consumers without a country, I wouldn't worry one bit. We'd all then dump our Toyotas over the side....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Fragile said:
"The best thing about sitting in the C6 is, you can't see how bad the outside of the car looks from in here." I have to credit my dad with that, those were his words at the Autoshowinmotion.com last week.
haha, could've not said it better myself!! Thats a keeper :D :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The Avanti is/was:coo:and so will the C6 Z06 be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts