Corvette Z06 Forum banner

In a little bind

1K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  corvetteseller 
#1 ·
Hello Z06 list, I have kinda kept quiet here lately, just takin all your stories/knowledge in. Let me introduce myself first off, I am Andy Cravens from Lexington,KY.....yep just 2 hours away from the birthplace of all your rides :D Im 18, and own a 99 S-10 ZR2 truck. My dad and I are into cars a whole lot, have owned several vettes, 7 to be exact with the most recent one being a 99 torch red 6 spd roadster. We traded the vette in on a new BMW X5 4.4i with the sport package for my mom :( Had a new torch red Z06 for 4 days, when the dealership called and wanted $200.00 more a month so dad took the Z back. Waiting for the right time to purchase a new 02 Z06. Were in the home building business, things are at a stand still so thats our only holdback. Thats just a little of my background in the corvette world and just wanted to say I am glad to be a part of the group. Thanks!!

Andy Cravens

#4 ·
Andy Cravens said:
Had a new torch red Z06 for 4 days, when the dealership called and wanted $200.00 more a month so dad took the Z back.
Andy Cravens
I'm confused. How the hell can the dealer call and up the price after the car is bought and taken off the lot? Am I missing something here? I'm assuming it was bought because he had to take it back.... :-?

Welcome to the Forum and good luck on getting another Z06!!

#7 ·
Welcome aboard, Andy !

Curious why the dealer would suddenly jump $200/month. Was it legitimate paperwork mistake on their part ?

As Jason said, check with the dealers here on this site for better guidance. :D

You'll be riding again soon :)

Vince

#9 ·
Welcome Andy,

Lexington is beautiful city. My wife and I have been driving through it for years visiting her family in E-town. I would love to live in that part of the country.

There's always a silver lining and it may be that you are meant to have an 02 or an 03 Z06 :D

As FUBU mentioned, we should finally start seeing this ole economy turning around in the 2nd QTR.

#12 ·
Hi Andy and welcome to the Forum. I also own a 99 ZR2 among others but the ZR2 is a nice little truck. I am one of the Corvette dealers here on the Forum and will be glad to help you and your father when ever you get ready to look again. Just let me know.:-D

#13 ·
First off thanks for the warm welcome, just incase anybody wants to chat some more, here is the list of vettes weve had. Not bragging by anymeans we are just vette freaks to say the least
1959 serial number 3 red/red conv 283 FI 4 spd
1975 white/gray leather convertible w/ white hardtop
1982 T-Top red/red 15k miles
new 1991 Torch Red coupe automatic
new 1996 Collectors Edition 6 speed LT4 coupe
new 1998 White blk leather, blk top auto
and the recent a new 1999 Torch red conv with blk leather and beige top, weird color combo but rare, and looked good, 6spd
Like I said we are car nuts, weve owned a few other ones....
new 1991 GMC Syclone
new 1993 GMC Typhoon
new 1995 Impalla SS
new 1999 Prowler-waste of money if u ask me
and the most exotic, a 1999 4 man hardtop Hummer

Thats just our list of cars, were crazy, yeah. But arent we all? Glad to be a part of the list and hope to add a Z06 to that list once again. Take care!!

Andy

#16 ·
Welcome Andy

Welcome Andy, sorry to hear that your ZO6 deal went sour,
I am also one of the dealers offerring Corvettes here, please
feel free to call me, toll free, if I can be of any assistance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.