Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get an in-car video camera mount? I saw one in Savannah last year on the track -- it was cool. It was basically a diagonal bar mounted to the harness bars, and included a mount for the video camera.
I don't have a harness (yet)... any ideas?

thanks,
David

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've made some great movies just by duck-taping my camera to the dashboard. You get a great view of the road. Of course you can't see the dash or shifting, but you can still hear my breathing.

Duck tape, some beer, a Z06, ahh, these are manly things...

------------------

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this would be my preference. Unfortunately the guys at the track require everything to be bolted down -- duct tape doesn't cut it.

------------------

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think Mid America had one, not for sure.
Try www.madvet.com

Mike

------------------

·
Registered
121 Posts
You mean bolts hold things down better than duct tape?
How does the driver stay in the seat then? Should I install a screw in my butt?

I know you have to follow certain rules when racing. Rules are rules.

Seriously though, I put so much duct tape over my video camera, I'm telling you there's no way it could possibly come loose, unless something hit it with a tremendous amount of force (mass and/or speed); but then the tape actually helps, because it would prevent the pieces from flying in all directions, possibly injuring the driver.

Heck, I've duct-taped my video camera to the handle bars of my *Mountain bike* (not my road bike), and it held on just fine over some serious terrain. If didn't even come close to coming unglued. Of course, the camera had a hard time keeping the tape stable over some of the more serious bumps. Instananeous G's were at least 2 or 3 Gs (for a split second) over some of the bumps.

I know this doesn't help you.

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts