Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tires. I have to get new tires and the last time I was at Discount Tire the guy suggested the BFG KDW :-? Something like that. The tread looks very aggressive and looks like they will make a lot of noise. I've looked at ALOT of threads on here but I'm just not sure.

I don't need super sticky as I don't track the car but its not a DD either. I don't drive it out in the rain so thats not really an issue.
Help me spend some dough :idea:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Better to do a search on KDW's rather than just assume they are noisy by eyeballing tread pattern. You can check Tire Rack website for reviews on just about any tire. Just remember that noise is subjective and certain sizes are noisier than others.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have KDW's on my Z28 and they are awesome street tires. they wear very well, great and i mean GREAT on road noise, and they have some decent grip also. i have driven in the rain many times, no problems in rain or standing water.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Go with Nitto 555R2's. If it's not a DD and you want tires that will stick....they are da bomb! :D

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love them to stick, but I need them to last (wife sees the bill) :D I'm thinking about the Michelin Pilot Sports. Stock sizes up front but going with a 315 out back on my stock rim.

I still don't know for sure yet... :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts