Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a great forum. I spent most of the time searching the treads for information and have found quite a lot useful stuff. One of the mods I am looking at is cryogenically treating the rotors. Where can one find the machine shop / facility to do this? I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I had Mallett do mine.....

.....But I have more info at home. I will post it to you this afternoon when I get home from work.

BTW I have done numerous Local , Div, and Pro Solo events plus Solo I Track time and the cryo'd rotors have not cracked or warped. I run a very agressive pad on the front and they generate a lot of heat in the Pro Solo events.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.:D

Doing research on Pads. Too many to choose from. :-?

·
Registered
37 Posts
TX02Z06 said:
One of the mods I am looking at is cryogenically treating the rotors. Where can one find the machine shop / facility to do this? I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area.

Dave, You might want to check out Carbotech Engineering, they are on the web at www.carbotecheng.com
they are here in south Florida but deal nationwide. I have been very happy with their work, I also highly recommend their Panther Plus pads. If you need any more info let me know.

Jo Ann

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Carbotech is awesome. I have used Larry's pads for years now. The panther plus compound is great. Great cold grip on the street and on the track no fade and good wear.
I also have had many years of slight heat crack rotors. Usually they work just fine but have debated about going to cyro rotors and I think larry does sell them.
:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts