Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, I got a P0200 code at the track. Not knowing about the injector harness chafing issue, I replaced all the injectors at the track only to find the problem persisted. Got mad and took a few laps around and the problem was gone!

Read more about it here and located where it seems the harness would chafe - drivers side toward the rear of the engine. Put some wire loom around it and didn't see the problem again, although I've only had the car out once or twice since. Now tonight I start up the car and its throwing P0200, P0300, and belching white smoke from one side again. :roll: Took the car around the block, problem gone.

Any other suggestions on how to diagnose this? When it happened the first time, the car had been sitting outside all night and had condensation all over it. Recently its been very humid here and coincidentally the problem happened again. Sounds like chafing, but where??

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks IT L GO, I had seen both threads. The only other place I have to look is back behind the motor which is all but impossible to reach. :( Wonder if the wires were cut through enough to ground out against each other now that I think I've eliminated the chafing? Strange how it goes away after a bit of driving. To make matters worse, a replacement harness is stupid expensive!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone know if there are any issues with swapping in an '03 harness? Found one at a decent price and I'd read a post from FUBU69 that they made the harness longer in '03+ to stop this issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts