Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was measuring my torque tube input shaft. I put a dial indicator on the base of the input shaft and turned it. It is 15 thousandths of an inch off center as it turns. I was wondering if this shitty tolerance is normal of just on my tube.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
argon said:
I was measuring my torque tube input shaft. I put a dial indicator on the base of the input shaft and turned it. It is 15 thousandths of an inch off center as it turns. I was wondering if this shitty tolerance is normal of just on my tube.
Mine makes rotating noises at low speeds... I've always suspected mine is off also... next time I have it out (well, actually, before I put it back in (blew engine up)), I will have to check mine out.

Zed

·
Registered
299 Posts
The input shaft to the torque bolts to a rubber flex coupler. The input bearing is a ball bearing. Without support at the bitter end of the input shaft I believe you can expect some run out. If the unit is still apart make sure the surface of the input shaft end (the section that goes into the pilot bearing ) is nice and smooth. Make sure your pilot bearing is in good shape as well. We had a pilot bearing fail and it made up shifting very difficult. Down shifts we almost normal.

tony #54

1 - 4 of 4 Posts