Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For removal of stubborn bug guts, bird droppings, tar, grease, etc....

Try Wd-40. Spray a little on the bug guts. Let soak for about 40 seconds
and remove with a clean dry 100% cotton towel. Repeat if necessary. Then
rinse with water to remove any oil residue from the Wd-40. Do not do
this procedure in direct sunlight! Do not use any abrasive polish or compounds.
If you use a product that contains abrasives you will put swirls and fine
scratches
in your paint finish.

If the bug gits are still not coming off. You need to use Z-18 ClayBar.
If you need info on Z-18 ClayBar and its use. Check my web site

Some bug guts are very acidic and will eat right into the paint. If you
have a couple of coats of Zaino on your car. At least the bug guts will eat into
the Zaino first..

This is a reply from Sal Zaino to an e-mail to him from me. I have yet to try it, but plan to.

CCRider

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have found that the Z-6 spray will take them off and general remove them each time I use the car. But then again, I think you guys have bigger and meaner bugs in LA ;)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The Z6 does work pretty well for removing most of the bug splats. Having spent most of my time in Florida where "love" bugs are very common, it's hard to not encounter them. In some cases they are extremely thick and create a heavy layer on the nose of the car.

Just prior to washing my car, I use a bug & tar remover which removes it very quickly. Then I immediately wash it. It does not seem to have any adverse affects to the clear coat. If you keep a good polish on your car the bugs remove pretty easy.

vettenuts said:
I have found that the Z-6 spray will take them off and general remove them each time I use the car. But then again, I think you guys have bigger and meaner bugs in LA ;)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sal Zaino has many good tips on his Web site, whether you use his products or not. :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts