Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to install SS brake lines and the Doug Rippie SS pistons? Can it be done by someone with "average" mechanics skills? Or should I take it to a shop?

Anyone have "how-to" procedures?

Finally: Russell or Goodridge lines? Someone told me Goodridge's dont fit as well?!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just looked in RK Sport's catalog the other day and saw their set was under $100 for all 4, that seemed reasonable! You might want to give them a call and see which ones their using. :)

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
The Goodridges.......

....are the better brake line.

1. Tighter braided weave
2. Better Q/C...each line is pressure test to over 3000psi before leaving Factory
3. Each set is specific for the car and comes with all connectors and brackets for installation on that car.
4. Slightly smaller ID ie. quicker and better response, better modulation and feel.
5. Teflon lined.

If you can't figure out how to install the pistons or don't have the tools take it to a good shop

·
Registered
179 Posts
The only other thing would be to check to see that the units you use are D.O.T. approved. Some are are not. I think the D.O.T. units have to be wrapped in a vinyl type material. :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have installed ss lines and pistons more than once on vettes.
They really are not that difficult to do. Messy? Yes.
If I can do it, you can too.
I do not think much of any of the SS lines. I have put them on several of my cars for track use. Little if any difference in brake feel. I have a set of DRM lines I will sell you.
They are a waste of money for street use, in my opinion.
If you get them, post here. We will help you.
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts