Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a B&M Ripper Shifter today in my 02 Z06. All I can say is wow, what a difference. Shifts are short, firm, direct. I had a little problem missing 3rd gear while drag racing, happened to me enough times to make me go out and buy this shifter and it made all the difference. To bang third you just push up and it goes right in. I definitly reccomend this mod to anyone who races their car. Its a bit stiff but I know as I drive it I'm sure it will soften up. The install went pretty smooth, being careful while removing the trim panel not to scratch anything it only took an hour.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats on your install. The Ripper is a good shifter. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I've had one for years & it is still just as stiff as new & it will NOT keep ME from missing 3rd, dang it. I like it. :thumb:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Does anyones make sort of a clank when going into fourth? I know it is the shifter shaft hitting the shifter housing.
Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
I like the ripper, but in the end it proofed to be a bit to noisy for my taste and a 50K car. I removed it.. I do miss the quick and positive shifts!!!
Is their another shifter that is short, positive and same level of stock shifter???

·
Registered
18 Posts
I cut my B&M shifter down about an inch and like it even better.
No noise at all!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts