Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I installed a breathlessperformance bolt-in off road pipe/x-over with O2 simms on my '01 Z06. No dyno #'s yet but my thoughts so far:
Install-not too bad, about 2.5 hours, on my lift. would have been quite a bit tougher without a lift. No instructions, had to eyeball where to cut behind the cats(1.5"). Pipe was a bit narrower than stock at the manifolds, took quite a bit of finesse to tighten. No leaks there though, but alittle exhaust leakage where the pipes connect at the cuts behind the clamps. Cannot hear the leaks, can feel them though when car is running up on the lift, I'm going to work on that. Overall it was alittle tougher than I had planned on, but not too bad.
Sound- Wow!! Louder at any rpm or throttle position. Really an "on edge" sound. It F'n HONKS! I like it now with the stock Ti's. It is what I was hoping for!!! No need for aftermarket muffs IMO...
Power- Can feel it, all above 3500. Screams at 5000+. will be dyno'ing with it as the only change soon. Hoping for 9-15 HP.
Do it again?-Yes, Will take me only 40 min to put back to total stock.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Dave,
Did your pipe eliminate the cats? I put a Bassani "off-road" pipe on my Z and it goes from my shortie headers all the way back to the exhaust system. The Bassani pipe is a two piece set up and it went in very easily. I'm taking my car to the dyno next week as well, we'll have to compare numbers. I have a set of PRT's on my car but I might put the stock Ti's back on just to see what it sounds like. One thing is for sure, it sure sounds MEAN now!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Have a nice weekend!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Tom, "off-road" is a term that inplies no cats at all. Thats the main reason to put in a piece like this. Yes I will have some dyno #'s soon, my only other motor mod is a cone filter, I plan to swap that on and off again at the dyno as well, to measure the difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts