Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and was wondering if anyone elses is really close to touching the hood or lightly touching. The hood closes fine, but I have a feeling it is rubbing. Everything is installed correctly and nice and tight. JUst the nature of the intake?

I felt some improvement in throttle response. No codes.
2002 Z06.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
The plastic Halltech airbridge is a little tight on mine as well. There's a dent in the hoodliner where it hits. Shouldn't be a big problem. My biggest gripe is the flimsyness of the plastic. It's too easy to deform it's shape, and cause air leaks at the clamps. For those prices, it should be at least a "heavy" plastic!

·
Registered
176 Posts
exSSer said:
The plastic Halltech airbridge is a little tight on mine as well. There's a dent in the hoodliner where it hits. Shouldn't be a big problem. My biggest gripe is the flimsyness of the plastic. It's too easy to deform it's shape, and cause air leaks at the clamps. For those prices, it should be at least a "heavy" plastic!
Is it that big of a problem? I was considering ordering the TRAP but if it causes air leaks at that price i might reconsider.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Jeff, I've installed and still have all of Haltech's air intakes for the C5. They all touch and some are better than others. Just make sure you have a good seal from the air bridge to the TB and airfilter. The plastic air bridge in thicker vs the Carbob Fiber unit show below. I currently have a Kelvar TRAP sysytem installed. See my gallery. This also touches the hood and the filter bows out my front shroud. Halltech is aware of this and has a quick fix notice which I'm doing this weekend. :thumb:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Red Kelly said:
Jeff, I've installed and still have all of Haltech's air intakes for the C5. They all touch and some are better than others. Just make sure you have a good seal from the air bridge to the TB and airfilter. The plastic air bridge in thicker vs the Carbob Fiber unit show below. I currently have a Kelvar TRAP sysytem installed. See my gallery. This also touches the hood and the filter bows out my front shroud. Halltech is aware of this and has a quick fix notice which I'm doing this weekend. :thumb:

Where can I find the FIX. I too have a TRAP

DROID

·
Registered
788 Posts
If you want to see how close it is to the hood, put a piece of bread on the bridge and shut the hood for a while. It will compress the bread and you will be able to see how close the 2 are. I have the halltech bridge and did this. It is very close. I touch the hood liner, but not enough to deform the hood.

Another option would be to take a dremel and cut off 1/4" from one end of the bridge. This will allow you to slide the bridge in further, thus lowering the height a little.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts