Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my Tric/Mag bottom breather on my 02 today. Did the idle re-learn and put it to bed. (raining on and off today).

I do not have all the information you guys are looking for. No before and after dyno tests or 1/4 mile results,. Sorry, I'm sure we will see these results shortly.

I will say that halltech does a great job with "fit and finish" and the quality of their products. Chris and Jim were very helpful! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

My SOTP (seat of the pants meter) suggests that there is an improvement in "pull", however, it is slight. But when you spend 5k for an 02 upgrade it seems cheap in comparison! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The system looks very cool!! I have the black carbon fiber and the titaniam (sp?) trick.

I con't wait to do a quarter mile run!! All things considered if I picked up 8 - 10 HP I will be more than satisfied!

Mark

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
How 'bout some pics? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Can't wait to here more from you... I'm debating about which intake I wanna use on my Z06.

Anyway... sounds like a nice package. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

H

·
0 Posts
When we originally dynoed Tom's 01, his factory numbers were outstanding 343/343. Our TRIC/MAG/Throttle Body testing was done with our prototype unit, which was actually sealed with duct tape between the two cuts, and we found an airleak at the MAG (our old style Cobra was used).

Never the less, we saw 361.7 RWHP/359 RW Torque on our best of three pulls. The engine was very hot, so we called it a day.

The 17.7 increase at peak, was great, but the redline delta was 23.3 RWHP over stock.

We did this dyno with the screen in.

The 2002 has picked up 2 HP by opening up the airbox, so we lose that advantage amount.
Since the screen is out, it will probably allow the Tunnel Ram Induction Cold-air system to make even more HP than the 01.

Our best guess: 15 to 18 RWHP over stock.

Our sale price ends 8-30-01. Check it out:

http://www.corvettec5.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.100.exe/scstore/prod_tric1.html?L+scstore+zici8806+998197223

Jim Hall

1 - 3 of 3 Posts