Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a 6000k kit, but can't get them to light up. I changed the fuses from 10a to 15a per the instructions but to no avail.

Also, the headlamps refuse to go down. They won't even do the sleepy eye, the only way that they will go down is by turning on the brights.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
hmm I installed HID's in my car. Let me think back and talk out loud, maybe something will help

When you installed your what did you do. You have the ballest that the main plug from the car goes into then you have the spot where the new HID light is plugged into the ballest? That sound about right?

I know one thing I did that was bad was installed the plugs from teh car to the ballest backwards the first time cause I didn't use the supplied pigtail (cause I had enough room without them) I don't ever recall not having the lights go down though.

What happens when you unplug the ballest from the main wire system? Do they go down then?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My kit was weird. It has a long pigtail on the ballast with 2 little connectors. The bulb has the same 2 little connectors plus a male and female version of the connector that feeds the power to my old bulb.

So I connected the ballast 2 little connectors to the bulbs 2 little connectors. I took the male version connector from the bulb and plugged it into the ballast. I took the female connector from the bulb and plugged it into the power from my car. The book was kind of vague on this, so I just figured this was how it worked.

Obviously this isn't correct, or it would work. Someone on another forum suggested switching the polarity, I will try that when I get home.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
send me an email
[email protected]

I drew up a quick picture :) Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts