Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got the old system tore off dual intercoolers, and that ridiculous air intake...BUT, this install is going to be a challange...Cut the radiater bracket, relocate it ....If any of you have done it and have ideas please chime in :-? :-? :-?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I've done it. A reciprocating saw is needed. Andy has step by step instructions on his web site that are very helpful. Good luck, it's a nice setup. :yeadog:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Congrats! Andy's kit is the best.

Alex

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iT IS A GREAT KIT..I need some input on those who did the kit themselves, the intructions are a little vague to me, but, that would be me!!! I am a basic mechanic, very basic :screwy:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Andy makes some great kits. Keep us posted on your progress. :cheers:

·
Registered
396 Posts
KCMAGS said:
A reciprocating saw is needed.
:eek:

You're a braver man than I am.

Definately keep us posted, and good luck!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
dbvettez061 said:
iT IS A GREAT KIT..I need some input on those who did the kit themselves, the intructions are a little vague to me, but, that would be me!!! I am a basic mechanic, very basic :screwy:
Not sure of what you need in the way of input. If you have any specific questions I'll do my best to anwser. I read over the instructions a couple times & then followed them as I progressed. Take your time & have fun with it. :cheers:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has been about 3 hours per day, should be done by tomorrow night..Very nice kit, and Andy has been excellent...I have called him several times, and he always takes the time to explain things, and not make me feel like an idiot...It is a moderate job, some cutting, probably not for the faint of heart!!.. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
You might want to give Andy a call, because I believe he now has a bracket that bolts on. I think that I heard that, but you might want to just call Any to make sure. Good Luck!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this might help

my install, phase 1

Brian
Excellent pics Brian! I am done, it is an AWSOME upgrade!!!I was running a 3.85 pully to get maybe 7 3/4 lbs of boost ..With the A&A setup i hit 10+ lbs at 5900 rpm's :eek: Soooo off with the 3.85 and on with the 4.25 which will go on tonight, [lost the little steel key when i pulled the 3.85 off , could not find the damn thing anywhere!] Second gear was useless, i really wonder about going over 550-575 rwhp...You just can't hook it!!!!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
dbvettez061 said:
Excellent pics Brian! I am done, it is an AWSOME upgrade!!!I was running a 3.85 pully to get maybe 7 3/4 lbs of boost ..With the A&A setup i hit 10+ lbs at 5900 rpm's :eek: Soooo off with the 3.85 and on with the 4.25 which will go on tonight, [lost the little steel key when i pulled the 3.85 off , could not find the damn thing anywhere!] Second gear was useless, i really wonder about going over 550-575 rwhp...You just can't hook it!!!!

Get some Nitto dr's ! They do help !

Rob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks guys....The belt, what a bitch. The reason was because i was not doing an off the shelf kit. I have a D1 w/4.75" pulley with Andy's updated braket system. so, belt size was a guess, first attempt was a no go for an hour. Mainly because i f-ed up when I put the braket on, I didn't get the belt all around the crank, grrrr. Thankfully autozone is around the corner from the shop and open late on a saturday so I got 1 size and 2 sizes up. Next size was a charm. I didn't pull the alt. pulley, I simple vise gripped a prybar in to wedge the tensioner down just enough to slip the belt over.

Currently, all the gauges are wired ready for the pod, cryo2 system is 50% done, injectors,wal. 255,x-pipe,plugs,wires waiting on my exit purge from UPS and have everything else.. It is going to vent out the side front vents (co2) should look pretty sick when its on and the car is moving.

Brian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts