Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm getting ready to install a Mcleod Twin Disk clutch.

Are there any clearance issues when installing a twin disk clutch? I noticed the Mcleod unit is much taller than a single disk clutch. Would you follow the same procedure to install a twin as you would a single?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found out the answer to my question, just thought I would share it case someone else needs to install a twin disk clutch.

"Most all the clutchs can be done with the bell housing in place. Only exception are the real thick dual disks where you might have to loosen the bell housing a little bit. Once the torque tube is dropped you can tilt the engine enough to remove the bellhousing bolts."

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
When I installed my twin exedy I didn't have to loosen the bell housing bolts ! It does help to put a very little lube on the trans shaft so the disks will slide on the shaft ! Don't use much because if you do you take the chance of it contaminating the disks !

Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
McLeod twin disc install... :mah:

You absolutely have to at least loosen the bellhousing. Even that was frustrating, so I just took mine off. I had to lower the front cradle about 3" to gain enough clearance to get to all the bellhousing bolts. This meant taking apart the front suspension to drop the cradle. Upper control arms, swaybar mounts, shock absorbers, and the cradle nuts... yuck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts