Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a new clutch installed by dealer on monday..Got 19000 miles out of the original, i am happy with that...Are there any things i should be aware of or advise the technician of...I HATE taking it near a dealership, this is the first time it has been back!! :eek2:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yea, with that much power go with a non OEM setup.
There alot of differant ones out there and ALOT of opinions

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are installing the updated Z clutch, and improved slave ...

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
That will not hold up to your 535 rwhp unless you drive like a grandmother. I promise!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I must concur. The stock clutch is considered by most to be good to about 450HP (some argue less, like barely more than 400HP).

I am also S/Cd. I just put a Spec 2/3 Hyrbid in mine. This clutch is claimed to be good to something closer to 700HP.

If you're getting this work done under warranty, you should be able to substitute your own clutch, pressure plate, and even flywheel with no additional labor charges. They have to take all that stuff off anyway, OEM clutch or otherwise, so it no extra work to put back your parts vs. theirs.

This is how I got mine done, as part of other warranty work.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I'll agree ... it won't hold up ! I'm running an exedy twin disk !

Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I have a SPEC Stage III at the aft end of a 427 C5R - its an awesome clutch and I have been very pleased with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts