Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually it was really the combo of also trying to use the BK hooks for my clip on Crow harness.
Gary ,was great but boy someone needs to make something easier. Why can't someone make a basic base that drops right on there.
4.5 hours and finally got it rolling.

Can't imagine that the 4 solid little posts that it mounts on is ideal either. Just seems like seat rails flush with stock type approach would be better.
:idea:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasn't the initial setup it was the adjusting to get it right for me. So you would have to set it up then guess then readjust then try again.
3 time was the charm but the extra 2 times stunk.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
yeah it took me 3 times to make the seat comfortable too, but i never really tightened the bolts down until i found the spot i like, now i can change seat positions in 10 min.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just went for the first real ride in it and realize I am to close to wheel.
About 1 inch to close so going to adjust it back 1 notch.
Only 5'10 but am now back at last bolt hole match up and looks to be the last hole I can use without the seat getting in the way when I tighten down whole setup.

I know it will be worth it in long run but damn I wish life was simplier. It would seem a good slider system would be easy to make for our cars. Oh well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
Just went for the first real ride in it and realize I am to close to wheel.
About 1 inch to close so going to adjust it back 1 notch.
Only 5'10 but am now back at last bolt hole match up and looks to be the last hole I can use without the seat getting in the way when I tighten down whole setup.

I know it will be worth it in long run but damn I wish life was simplier. It would seem a good slider system would be easy to make for our cars. Oh well.
I got my EvoL with Hardbars finally installed yesterday with the 6pt harnesses. Total install time about 5.5 hours. Had to reposition things at least 3-4 times before I was comfortable and found the right places to get the belts bolted to.
It was a serious bitch getting it done and had to completely remove the factory seat belt as well as the interior trim piece where the factory belts go thru. Took it for first drive today and it wasn't too bad. The worst part is that my right elbow keeps hitting the side of the seat shifting to 2-4-or-6, so I'll have to keep my arm cocked either a little inside or a little outside the seat when shifting.
Dennis at Hardbar says there will be a slight change to the adapters soon (thicker walls on the adapter bolt) and newer instructions. I suggested an engineering drawing (with explosion view that shows all bolts, washers, nuts, etc.), and he is considering that. :)
Dennis and Gary were very good to deal with! Thanks you guys.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree Gary is great and the kit is great.
It just surprises me nothing easier is out there.
:yeadog:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I installed the Corbeau Forza seats and they came with the slider mounts. It would have been a pretty easy install except I have the B-K harness bar and the support legs of the bar go down and attach to the same seat bolt as the seat mount. The bolt is barely long enough for the seat mount and the bar support to fit on it and still leave enough threads for the nut to get a grip. After using every tool in my garage I was finally able to get the nut threaded and it all fit nicely.

Silver Bullet, were you at Road Atlanta with NASA in March?

Ag-Z06 - Hey Adam!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I was in RA then.

Actually just did the bottomless pit auto guy thing. Ordered the slider kit and setup from Speedware motorsports.
Just want and desperately need the adjustability when driving to and from the track.

So will let folks know how that plays out and compares.
:jammin:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
Yeah I was in RA then.
I thought that was you. I am the guy in the red "Big Pine Key" #7, Z06 who was there. I was at Roebling Road with NASA last September when I saw you there, too.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It seems a number of us get around to various tracks. :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts