Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:yeadog: Hey...just thought Id post and relate some info on my recent installs for those that are interested. Of course Norman caught my parking faux pas on film forever, and for that I thank you sir! :mah:

Anyway, I bought the Dynatech long tubes, xpipe, and high flow cats, along with the latest VR2B intake system (no air bridge), a 180 tstat, new plugs (NGK TR55), new wires (Magnecor), and a flush with RP 5w30 (stock GM filter), and a dyno tune. Labor cost me 960, but after many long tube installs on many Fbodies I call it money well spent!

Was a little disappointed in the dyno results 374, 362, but the car pulls real nice, and sounds nice as well (stock Ti cat-back).

Ill post a scan of the dyno runs (before and after tuning, unfortunately no stock dyno available....shop forgot) on Monday or Tuesday). A/F is dead on, they did a nice job tuning, which is why I let them (MC Racing) do it.

Anything else I should be doing power-wise? Air bridge, or maybe pulley(s)? Dont get me wrong the power under the curve definitely seems to be nice....a run around the outer 435 belt definitely kept me grinning...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Those numbers look pretty much in line...Congrats, take it to the drags if you"re a drag racer and see what kind of mph you do...That will be the great indicator...

Greg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do you have a sound byte or vid??

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I dont currently, but I do have a nice Sony digi to take some....will do so in the next day or so...interested in mainly the exhaust note at idle? I suppose I could get someone to record me hitting it going away...

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Z06Modder said:
Anything else I should be doing power-wise? Air bridge, or maybe pulley(s)? Dont get me wrong the power under the curve definitely seems to be nice....a run around the outer 435 belt definitely kept me grinning...
An air bridge and Shanner TB will gain you a little (like 5 HP, but probably a tad more on the TW number - all up the curve), but unless you get a good deal on the parts probably not worth it.

As to a under-drive pulley save it for when you do your cam and heads, too much labor to do alone (unlike F bodies). Good Luck

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats. The labor charge seems more than fair for all that was done plus the Dyno tune. :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts