Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Later:

I have tried various bras thru the years, and my personal opinion is that all have disadvantages. Either, they take two men and a boy 3 hours to install, or flap like crazy at 80mph!

Currently have a Colgan bra and use it only for long road trips.

Any other comments/suggestions? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Your NCM Ambassador & Lifetime Member
Join the NCM! Call 1-800-53-VETTE
'01 Torch Z06, For Sale!
'02 Electron Blue/Black Coming in August!

·
Registered
43 Posts
3M clear bra is the only way to go. Even on a black car you can not tell its there. Its the best I ever had, and when you remove it you have virgin factry paint (ok factory paint sucks!!). A little dirt behind a regular bra will make you sick when you remove the bra.

·
Registered
43 Posts
3M Clear bra

Here in Colorado they are sold as Clear Bra's. 3M is the manufactor. My Z06 is the third car I have had it installed on. I gave up on the slip ons, because the caused almost as much damage to the paint as they protected. Just my opinion.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
The #m material is what is found in the StonGuard and the AutoBahnd products. Had the AutoBahnd product put on my car about 2 months ago and love it. Protects and is not noticeable unless you are right up on the car. Took the installe about 4 hours to apply.

·
Registered
878 Posts
For those of you with the Clear Bra, do you use Zaino? If yes, does the paint look better than the clear bra when waxed or can you even notice any difference?

·
Registered
43 Posts
No difference. The clear bra has a texture up close but is invisible at a few feet.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I used a bra that came from one of those corvette parts catalogs,
It had a circular cut out for the emblem on the front and installed
in about 30 minutes. Seemed to fit well and caused no damage
after leaving it on for a few months. It doesn't realy rain here much, so leaving it on seemed to pose no problems. I think for
trips they realy do help keep the nicks and chips to a minimum.

Good luck,

2Charmed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts