Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Very interesting. Most on the forum don't seem to be prejudiced against the Z and appreciate it for what it can do even though many are driving >$100,000 cars. Some actually have the C6ZO6 on order.

Must be nice to be able to afford a couple hundred G's in automobiles.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Most of those guys are aware that the new Z will be a very strong competitor to the Keeman. A few that think the new Z will be a good challenge to the stock E55 are smoking some serious boota

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have driven a new E55 and it is SCARY FAST! In my opinion
very under-rated power wise. I went from 60-120 in the blink of an eye. Mind boggling acceleration. I would not even bother to race the car in my FRC. It would be a beating! Nice cars.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I was wondering how long before that thread was "exposed" here. :) When i saw Ranger post on it, I knew it couldn't be long.

I am contributing as the former owner of a Z, current owner of an E, and potential owner of a C6Z.

·
Registered
561 Posts
dmac said:
Very interesting. Most on the forum don't seem to be prejudiced against the Z and appreciate it for what it can do even though many are driving >$100,000 cars. Some actually have the C6ZO6 on order.
I have found that most guys on that site are pretty open minded and knowledgable about what's out there. They appreciate what there is to learn about other fast cars. Kind of like this site in many respects. Except they'd LOVE to complain that headers cost (only) $1,200 installed. :D

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
The E55 is an awesome car. And down low, it is a monster. A Z06 driver has to be skilled to beat an E55 from 0-100, or the quarter mile due to traction. But, comes third gear and beyond, the Z06 will pull away from an E55. 2 great cars imo

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Zlicious said:
The E55 is an awesome car. And down low, it is a monster. A Z06 driver has to be skilled to beat an E55 from 0-100, or the quarter mile due to traction. But, comes third gear and beyond, the Z06 will pull away from an E55. 2 great cars imo
If Kleeman modified E55s are too fast, then I guess we'll need Lingenfelter modified 500 c.i. C6 Z06s, or twin turbo C6 Z06s, or whatever. Speed only costs money; how fast do you want to go?

·
Registered
315 Posts
My grandmother could run a 12.20 in an E55 with both legs tied together!

This is a very ver fast sedan and definitely a lost race for a regular C6. The traction control keeps pouring on the power until the tires start to slip then retards the timing 'till they stop, then back on again, all at hundreds of times per second, while you hold your right foot to the floor and change radio stations.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
EnzoM said:
I have found that most guys on that site are pretty open minded and knowledgable about what's out there. They appreciate what there is to learn about other fast cars. Kind of like this site in many respects. Except they'd LOVE to complain that headers cost (only) $1,200 installed. :D
I agree good site :coo:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I was playing with an E55 in traffic once. He was really itchin' to get out in the open. So was I. :D

Nothing happened. Not enough room. But, I think it woulda been close. I need more mods!

Alex

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I read the thread on their site over again... at least they kept it friendly and respectful. They sound like a pretty cool bunch of guys.

They're cool in my book.

Alex

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
A stock 02 Z06 will beat an E55 everytime with average drivers. If you havent raced one its hard to know, but i dont understand how enzom feels that a bolt on Z06 would not be able to take on an E55. I raced a C55 and completley murder him after the bolt ons. Cobras are much lighter and even with 60RWHP advantage and its still close, just imagine a heavier car with an auto :screwy:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
The only problem I saw was them talking about some stage 2 and stage 3 something that sick fast, I have to say its the first time I dont know of something about cars, whatever it is, it doesnt make sense to compare to a stock car, Im pretty sure that stage2 or 3 costs as much as putting twin turbos or something in any vette, so it sould be compared to that,

and it matter what E55 you're talking about, the quicker ones are 02 and up supercharged, They are an amazing 4-door car for $70k with that kinda of power, I actually raced one from a 50mph roll which wasnt my sweet spot in third, but whatever, my car was full and so was his :lol: , he got the jump and it stayed even until I started to pull away on top of third, going into my 4th would of put me a little more ahead, I guess because of Air dynamics...

either way E55 kick a$$, :thumb:

·
Registered
853 Posts
They are an awesome supercar, i would love ;) to meet one one the highway one day

·
Registered
561 Posts
2002Z06Yellow said:
A stock 02 Z06 will beat an E55 everytime with average drivers. If you havent raced one its hard to know, but i dont understand how enzom feels that a bolt on Z06 would not be able to take on an E55. I raced a C55 and completley murder him after the bolt ons. Cobras are much lighter and even with 60RWHP advantage and its still close, just imagine a heavier car with an auto :screwy:

You are so wrong. I don't know a single person on this earth besides you that would claim that a stock 02 Z06 will beat a stock E55 EVERYTIME with AVERAGE drivers. What are YOU running at the track? Please don't tell us that you made such a statement without ever taking your car to a drag strip.

I know from personal experience. Owning both, going to the track and seeing with my own eyes what simple bolt-on Z's (like mine) are running with an average (for Z) Z06 driver. Timeslips don't lie. Stomp on the gas peddle and the E runs low 12's. It takes alot more then that for an average driver to run low 12's stock in the Z. Heck, if you are running low 12's in the Z YOU ARE NOT AN AVERAGE DRIVER. (Edit - For the record, I never said that a bolt-on Z could not take on an E. Please reread my posts on that board. :NoNo: )

For those of you that don't know. a C55 is a normally aspirated car giving up at LEAST 100 hp to an E, not to mention about 150 lb/ft of torque. Not even a comparison.

Many of you guys here know me. I don't talk smack. But when I see posts where people are clueless, it is a disservice to this board and to the Z, which I still miss.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
2002Z06Yellow said:
Hey, dont forget about us slow 01's. I have beat one over and over again from a 45 roll.. :D

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
EnzoM said:
You are so wrong. I don't know a single person on this earth besides you that would claim that a stock 02 Z06 will beat a stock E55 EVERYTIME with AVERAGE drivers. What are YOU running at the track? Please don't tell us that you made such a statement without ever taking your car to a drag strip.

I know from personal experience. Owning both, going to the track and seeing with my own eyes what simple bolt-on Z's (like mine) are running with an average (for Z) Z06 driver. Timeslips don't lie. Stomp on the gas peddle and the E runs low 12's. It takes alot more then that for an average driver to run low 12's stock in the Z. Heck, if you are running low 12's in the Z YOU ARE NOT AN AVERAGE DRIVER.

For those of you that don't know. a C55 is a normally aspirated car giving up at LEAST 100 hp to an E, not to mention about 150 lb/ft of torque. Not even a comparison.

Many of you guys here know me. I don't talk smack. But when I see posts where people are clueless, it is a disservice to this board and to the Z, which I still miss.
I dont know about from a stop, from a roll, I have beat one over and over again. we went from a 45 to about 130 and everytime I was ahead. And this is coming fom someone who raced one and has been to the track many, many times

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
IF you look at our previous posts we have disagreed on this many times enzo. I will stick to my point however that the stock Z will EASILY(pull in every single gear) a stock E55. Motortrend clocked the SL55 at [email protected] The best times i have seen in the magazines for a 55 series was a [email protected] I have seen MANY 12.4s and 12.3s in magazines for an 02 Z06.

Zilicous here raced a 55 and beat it. I have, my frined(405BHP) has one beat on camera BADLY. Like i told you before racing to me is not a drag strip race becuase its too short and too dependent on the launch. If you konw anyone with a 55 series in san antonio please let me know and i will race them and post the results on the camera. The C55 has less horsepower, however, i have raced an SL55 and the guy was murdered too.

I am sorry to tell you but even a kleeman is not that fast. Hell the SL65 runs high 11s with 600+HP throught a twin turbo. Everything can be made fast, but a Z06 will have to be near stock to be beat by a highly modifed 55.

If you wanna line up with a Z look for a member here in your area and if they cant beat you i will owe you WHATEVER you want. All i ask for is that you race from 50 all the way to 145 and not be 2 cars behind by then.

By the way you did say that your bolt on Z can not get down the strip quicker than the 55 you have. look over your own posts becuase that is a bolt on Z.

·
Registered
561 Posts
2002Z06Yellow said:
IF you look at our previous posts we have disagreed on this many times enzo. I will stick to my point however that the stock Z will EASILY(pull in every single gear) a stock E55. Motortrend clocked the SL55 at [email protected] The best times i have seen in the magazines for a 55 series was a [email protected] I have seen MANY 12.4s and 12.3s in magazines for an 02 Z06.

Zilicous here raced a 55 and beat it. I have, my frined(405BHP) has one beat on camera BADLY. Like i told you before racing to me is not a drag strip race becuase its too short and too dependent on the launch. If you konw anyone with a 55 series in san antonio please let me know and i will race them and post the results on the camera. The C55 has less horsepower, however, i have raced an SL55 and the guy was murdered too.

I am sorry to tell you but even a kleeman is not that fast. Hell the SL65 runs high 11s with 600+HP throught a twin turbo. Everything can be made fast, but a Z06 will have to be near stock to be beat by a highly modifed 55.

If you wanna line up with a Z look for a member here in your area and if they cant beat you i will owe you WHATEVER you want. All i ask for is that you race from 50 all the way to 145 and not be 2 cars behind by then.

By the way you did say that your bolt on Z can not get down the strip quicker than the 55 you have. look over your own posts becuase that is a bolt on Z.
No point in really continuing this further. I can spend all day picking each point apart, but it really isn't worth it. And I'm surely going to go out on the highway and run 145 mph to satisfy your curiosity.

I guess the answer to the only question that I asked is "no". You've never been to the track. And I will let the others on this site tell you how silly it is to rely on magazine tests.

And saying that MY BOLT-ON Z couldn't get down the track quicker than MY E is very different from - "but i dont understand how enzom feels that a bolt on Z06 would not be able to take on an E55" Two different things. If you can't appreciate the distinction, then there is nothing that can be done. :roll:

And I'd love to see your friend's video.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts