Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Awesome. Unfortunately I'll bet no normal car guy will get one. Some investor who never turned a wrench will buy at an inflated price, calling himself a car guy, bragging how much he paid to have it restored!! Then some ass will bid on it at Barrett Jackson as they tell the story!! Call me negative!! LOL

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Nice cars but what a waste. Those cars were meant to be driven, not parked in one owner's garage/storage unit, never too see daylight.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
But Tom, if they were driven, would they still be here? What if they were driven like Dickie drives his, they would all have 200K miles and possibly be wrecked or otherwise simply worn out. Yes I know you guys are not into saving the car for the next guy, but without that, where would we find old Corvettes still in reasonable shape?

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
But Tom, if they were driven, would they still be here? What if they were driven like Dickie drives his, they would all have 200K miles and possibly be wrecked or otherwise simply worn out. Yes I know you guys are not into saving the car for the next guy, but without that, where would we find old Corvettes still in reasonable shape?
:lol:

It still is a shame to let them sit and collect dust like that. At least Leno exercises his cars....even the steam powered ones!

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Pro, not quite 200K, yet, sitting around 178,000 right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts