Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Viper Club Forum

Damn. If this thing performs like they say it will, I may have to be a Chevy man again!

505 HP and $65k for the new ZO6 vs. 500 HP and $92k for the new Viper coupe. Perhaps I am in the minority, but I just don't see anything to justify the the nearly $30k price difference of the new coupe. Hopefully I am wrong, but if DC continues to be oblivious to the competition we may unfortunately see a "Farewell Mamba" sometime soon

viper owners arn't happy about a corvette coming out with more technology, more gizmos, and yes MORE POWER. viper forum or not chevy now has the viper COVERED

we'll see boatloads of these on the roads, and there is really no exclusivity, but I'll see if that makes me fell better as I'm staring at some gold-chain wearing dude with a moustache's tail lights as he spanks my near-stock vipers.

SVT Performance

The new Z06 makes me want to do illegal things to buy one. Some day it will be mine.

:cheers:
Kingpin

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
LOL. Yeah, the price does definitely make a Viper owner go Hmmmmmm, I'm sure. It is a lot of car. At 92K for the Viper Coupe, I don't see how the brand is going to make it. The Vipers on the local dealer here are just not moving...I've seen the same ones sitting there for months now.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
snakecharmer said:
LOL. Yeah, the price does definitely make a Viper owner go Hmmmmmm, I'm sure. It is a lot of car. At 92K for the Viper Coupe, I don't see how the brand is going to make it. The Vipers on the local dealer here are just not moving...I've seen the same ones sitting there for months now.
Same here, one Detroit area dealer has run an ad in the paper for a white Mamba.....weeks later, he still has it, and is now advertising it at a big discount!

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
The local Dodge dealer here has a Viper vert that has been sitting here for month's and month's. Base price is $82,000 with a $3,000 gas guzzler tax on top ($85,000) before taxes etc. Yet they still won't deal on it.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Might make a nice automotive museum piece..........dealers could donate their Vipers for a tax write off........

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
jub jub said:
It's good to hear positive remarks coming from the other camps. :yeadog:
Second that. :usa:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
The Viper is pricing itself out of the market. Just like GM did with the ZR-1. I hope they eventually don't do the same with the Z?!?!?!?!?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts