Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Copied from the CF (Off Topic - Please Vote)

Sensei Earl writes:

Well, a few things.
1. You're obviously bored, it would give you something to do
2. It's just nice to say you're #1. Remember, #2 is the first loser
3. Do we really want some wannabe forums to have a higher ranking than us? I think, for some of us, it's a matter of pride. Your support, while not mandatory in any way, is certainly appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, this begs the question, what does looting the ideas of a "wannabe" forum make the looter? I mean, what type of mentality would copy a "loser"........Too funny, I though you fellas might get a laugh......

JC

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Its hell being popular JC...

This is the kind of frustration that sets in when you finally realize you've been beaten, and there is nothing you can do about it...

Mark

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark, you know, the sad part for me is that we could not work together and maybe have regional gatherings that all sites would participate in, Us, CFive, CF, C5Forum, and such.....It would be great to harness all of the ideas and talents of the many Corvette brothers....

Each site has its own "feel" and caters to a certain audience, whether they know it or not, so why not emphasize those aspects.

At any rate, I feel good at night, even when our ideas are used on other sites, that we have made a difference. And in the case of the Member Locator pioneered here and now being used on CF, we've directly and indirectly brought people together, and I am very proud of that........

JC

·
Registered
0 Posts
Originally posted by Sensei
It's just nice to say you're #1. Remember, #2 is the first loser
Get used to it!! :p

Do we really want some wannabe forums to have a higher ranking than us?
I KNOW he isn't talking about us!! :lol:

Immitation is the best form of flattery!! :yeadog:

As JC said, it would be nice if we could all work together. We have even offered to place a link to CF. What are they afraid of?? :-? It's all about Corvettes and the brotherhood, not segregation!!

Come on Mr. Roberts, tear down those walls, the cold war is over!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: Re: Interesting......

fcalmes said:

As JC said, it would be nice if we could all work together. We have even offered to place a link to CF. What are they afraid of?? :-? It's all about Corvettes and the brotherhood, not segregation!!

Come on Mr. Roberts, tear down those walls, the cold war is over!!
We need to continually push that idea until TR feels the pressure from members of the CF to 'work together.'

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Oh! How the mighty have fallen... Down to begging for votes...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to see this all degenerate to a So's your Momma kind of thing. At least, we are able to keep our demeanor on this forum and press on with doing what we want. Lesseee... Having fun, having kinship, friendship, and enjoying talking to each other and sharing experience, joys, and tears... Yup! That would make everyone here a loser of some sort or other.:roll: :D :D :D :roll:

G

·
I agree it's really too bad we can't all get along, we could make the hobby much more powerful if we could. Folks like Sensei are exactly the reason why it won't happen, unfortunately they are blind followers for Troy, I can't believe they get any benefit from him :bang:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Kudo's JC

And to all you mods..............

I frequent the CF, and enjoy the info found there.......
That said, there was a niche to be catered to and that is / was Z owners in PARTICULAR........

That is what YOU did, and it paid off......a smart move.........
Which, brings me to an old saying...........

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over, and over agin, and expecting DIFFERENT results".

You started something NEW, and that's risky, it's called CHANGE, and people do NOT like change.......especially when it cost's them..................:roll:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Jayz

Yeah, well let the Competition in on it.....seems they have taken something personallly...........:-?

As a well known, and venerated member of our society once said, now inscribed on the walls of Congresss.............

Can't We All Just Get ALONG??".:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
This place just feels like "home". Hard to argue with that........ :yeadog: :yeadog:

I've visited several other sites and forums. Nothing compares. :bang: :lol:

The membership and administration of Z06VETTE rate an A++ in my book!! Thanks to you all for making this place great.

:z: :z: :z: :z: :z: :z:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts