Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a deposit down on an 02 Torch Red with a modified torch red interior. Car is due to hit the dealer early next week.
Anyone know what the modified torch red interior looks like or have an opinion of it? Is it like the torch red/black of 01? Not sure if that is too much red for me, but it was available!!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
It is the same as the '01 Mod Red interior...

Get it... you'll love it /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
As you know I am very lucky to get to see all of these cars many times over. I have to say a M/Y Z06 with Mod-Red int. is IMHO the big daddy of them all. Long live the King. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

[email protected]

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Subdriver

As all have stated it Works , also one of the rarest combos ordered.........

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've seen it in person. I had the choice between three Z06s. A Torch Red or a Black with the mod interior, and a Torch Red with the standard black interior. I went the standard black interior. Just personal taste. In years to come, however, the mod red will be the more rare and more sought after option. Oddly enough, Z06 owners seem to like this interior more than most. In 2001 29% of Z06s had the mod interior vs only 5% of convertibles and 4% of coupes.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts

On 2001-08-10 21:08, EZ2XLR8 spewed forth this drivel:
I've seen it in person. I had the choice between three Z06s. A Torch Red or a Black with the mod interior, and a Torch Red with the standard black interior. I went the standard black interior. Just personal taste. In years to come, however, the mod red will be the more rare and more sought after option. Oddly enough, Z06 owners seem to like this interior more than most. In 2001 29% of Z06s had the mod interior vs only 5% of convertibles and 4% of coupes.
The color combo just shouts proformance. It shoud be in a Z06 more than a
coupe or Vert. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Coupes and convertibles can only order the full red interior and not the mod red. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
123 Posts
Carl,

I wasn't aware that RPO 70I was different in Coupes and Verts, but it makes sense since only the Z06 has a logo stitched into the headrests. Thanks for the clarification.
T.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Subdriver- I just saw kevinlionel's red/mod red '01 Z06 at lunch today and the Blk/Red is outstanding! I also ordered this combo on my Blk. '02 that I am picking up next Friday. I did see my car last week going thru the plant and the colors were awesome. I also have Red Lloyd mats just waiting to be slipped into their new home.

You will not be disappointed /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Ken-

J

·
0 Posts
Just saw my first silver zo6 with mod/red interior in person this week...

Absolutely stunning..

congratulations...

All black is always a winner but the mod red would be what I highly recommend after seeing it in person.....

Red/ mod red..

Its just right. in fact...

Stunning!

And certainly a keeper...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ken, I got to see those loyds mats. I think I want them but have never seen them in person. After you get your baby we will all have to get together again /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Premium Member
652 Posts

On 2001-08-10 20:58, Subdriver spewed forth this drivel:
Tom,
Your interior has a lot more red than the one pictured at:
http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/cor12_z06/interior/index.htm
Is that all stock?
Thanks for all the inputs. I was a little reluctant for all that red, but so far everyone has recommended the mod red.

Ffen
I added the carpet and a few other odds and ends.

Tom

·
Registered
376 Posts
mod/red interior is the nuts! i sat in 2001 Z06 with the mod/red interior and it is just right! from outside the car,you can see red at the tops of the seats,its great!

2002 Z06 qs mod/red tpw 8-13-01 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I like the Mod Torch Red interior myself. That's why I ordered it. I think it goes well with a black exterior, and also well with Quicksilver (my favorite), and obviously with a Torch Red.

Each to their own, but it seems a bit much with a MY. Haven't seen one yet, but Mod TR interior might look good in a new Electron Blue.

According to a local dealer I talked to about this, it is NOT a popular interior, but then again what do they know. Besides Rick seems to approve. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
575 Posts
Was at the factory 2 years ago, when the first 2000 Mil Yellow cars came down the line. The line was stopped when a MY with red interior appeared. Everyone on the line thought it had do be a mistake. Guys on the line dubbed it the "Ronald McDonald" car. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bob,
Thanks for the pics, they really helped. Was wondering if the carpet was red too.
Thanks for all the inputs guys. I am still going with the mod torch red at this point and the car is due at the dealer this week. I can't sleep! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Ffen

·
Registered
165 Posts
kevslionel - You got it. I will make sure we get together again BEFORE the MidAmerica show. I am off work Mon/Tues/Wed,Aug 20-22. If any of those times work...just drop me an email or let me know your schedule.

Frank is also kind enough to help me get my new cat back TriFlow's installed.

Regards,
Ken- /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 20 of 22 Posts