Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a few more questions

First Question
I sat in a Regular C6 yesterday with Ebony leather. Besides the seats, which were black, the rest of the interior was kind of dark greyish and did not match the seats. Is this what I am going to get on my C6-Z06 with the Ebony Interior?

Second Question.
Is there anything that can be done about the silver console and center stack, which I really dislike. Is there an aftermarket firm that makes a replacement black unit or some secret unknown option number to make it match the rest of the interior.

·
Registered
83 Posts
GlennSullivan said:
I've got a few more questions

First Question
I sat in a Regular C6 yesterday with Ebony leather. Besides the seats, which were black, the rest of the interior was kind of dark greyish and did not match the seats. Is this what I am going to get on my C6-Z06 with the Ebony Interior?

Second Question.
Is there anything that can be done about the silver console and center stack, which I really dislike. Is there an aftermarket firm that makes a replacement black unit or some secret unknown option number to make it match the rest of the interior.

the center console comes off cleanly. then it is just a matter of which rustoleum :)

I know that GM offers a red replacement center console for the c6, and i think some other colors, but i forget what they are.
so it would be easy for the after market to come up with their own.. and probably already have... here is a carbon fiber one:

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
I'm sure Vette Essentials already has C6 interior parts in the works!
Go to the web site or
Call Ken King

<--------------------- supporting vendor!!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
GlennSullivan said:
Is there anything that can be done about the silver console and center stack, which I really dislike.
I hate it as well. Nothing worse than plastic painted silver to look like it's metal. I don't get why manufactures think we can be fooled into thinking it's metal trim. It just doesn't work, never has.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is no longer a $40,000 car and for $70,000 they (GM Chevy) NEED to change the level of interior quality they are providing.

They are in BMW, Mercedes and Lexus territory and the interior quality NEEDS to show it.

I have to say the quality of the Viper interior is WAY BETTER

·
Registered
69 Posts
GlennSullivan said:
This is no longer a $40,000 car and for $70,000 they (GM Chevy) NEED to change the level of interior quality they are providing.

They are in BMW, Mercedes and Lexus territory and the interior quality NEEDS to show it.

I have to say the quality of the Viper interior is WAY BETTER
This is a 505 HP race car! If you want that kind of power and the BMW interior you buy a Z8 for 120k...or a Ferrari for 200k. This car is going to compete with carrer GT's and the full fledge super cars out there. Which part do you prefer to sacrafice for those kind of numbers. The engine performance? Or the dash color and materials...(which is still better than the previous years) IMO :usa:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats exactly the point, I don't think GM should skimp on $250 worth of interior materials after raising the price $17,000.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Red06Z06 said:
This is a 505 HP race car! If you want that kind of power and the BMW interior you buy a Z8 for 120k...
Right, and then you have a $120k Aluminum car whose doors
bend if you look at them the wrong way.. AND the interior
panels in a BMW, regardless of how good they look, are quite
frankly.. SHIT. Some form of vinyl glued over pressboard and
the glue melts in high humidity and/or heat.

Nothing like seeing door panel bubbles on your $50,000 Bimmer.

I think a few of you on this board really need to stop confusing
asthetics that are pleasing to YOU with "high quality".

One is subjective, one is OBjective.

Jim C.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
I'm of the opinion that if you don't like the interior, change it to something you like! That's what I did, and all it took was a phone call to Ken King and some dollars and a little work on my part to hove something truly unique and beautiful. The new Z06 has the potential to blow away almost anything on the road including cars that cost 2-3 times as much. With that kind of performance I think I could live with the stock interior for a while.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Vette Essentials is a forum sponsor......look over to the left and click on his banner,,,,it will take you directly to his website where you will find all the info you need including his phone numbers. Don't hesitate to call Ken with questions, he is very helpful and REALLY knows what he's doing. HTH

Jim :yeadog:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I will do that.

Your post is about the fourth time that I have read really positive comments about Vette Essentials!!

Thank you!

·
Registered
875 Posts
elegant said:
I will do that.

Your post is about the fourth time that I have read really positive comments about Vette Essentials!!

Thank you!
Let me make it FIVE for you.

I've never bought a thing from Ken King (yet) but I've seen
his work a few times. The man is a CRAFTSMAN. If you know
me, and know who I am, you'll know that I DO NOT give out
such complements lightly.

I'm sure I'll be putting a little "Ken" in my new Z06. :D

Ken's work will be both asthetically pleasing (hey, YOU ordered
it ;) ) and also high quality.

Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts