Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Ive been a corvette enthusiast and owner of various vettes over the years. Most recently I sold my 92 Aqua Metallic about 7 months ago. Last week I sold my Mod'd BMW M3. Two weekends cars was just to much.
Over the last month Ive been searching for just the right vehicle within my budget. I found her and picked her up the other day.

2001 Speedway White Z06. 13k miles. The gentleman who 1st owned it drove it as a weekend car like I will and had traded it in for C6.

I've had it 1 day and already stopped by two local shops and installed Z06 mats, exhaust divider and shorty antenna. Will be ordering a Partition and short shifter. Next weekend I'll pick up my Cold air intake.

I could not get the GMPP Warranty due to not getting the car at an authorized GM dealer.
I would really really appreciate it if anyone knows of a company or companies that will sell me warranty that is half way reasonable, and a company that stands behind there warranties.

I live in the Calif. Bay Area. I am just so excited and in love with this car.

Aldo
Pics and Sig to be coming soon

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
wow! what a great story and welcome to the site! I got my extended warranty before the other finished, but I am sure some of the folks on here can chime in to help.

I love the Speedway white-can't wait to see the pics:thumb:

I especially like it with carbon fiber and black wheels, here's some pics of one of my favorite

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. That is a rare one you got! I am also in the bay area and like meeting fellow enthusiasts. Let me know if you ever have any questions!
-matt

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Congrats on the swweeetttt ride!!!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Congrats...I love the looks of the SW! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Nice ride ! Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Welcome to the Site and Family...W:)W...You have one of the rare ones....Enjoy your ride :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

Pay a visit to your local Dealer and talk to the Service Manager and get his opinion as to which aftermarket Warranties are any good.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Nice choice, love the Speedway White! Wish they still made it in '03 when I got mine. Welcome th the "best Vette site on the net". This is a great group of people here, just ask questions and you will learn a TON about your car, I know I have! :yeadog:

Jim

·
Registered
165 Posts
welcome to the site. this is by far the best site out here for us Z06 nuts. congrats on the new toy - watch out for getting the mod bug- I just started today - its dangerous for your financial well being, but just too damn much fun.
See ya around.
Josh

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey congrats and welcome.I also have a 2001 speedwaywhite Z,I bought mine at Tracy Chevrolet with the extended warranty.Talk to a dealer like IT L Go said.Hey did you you get the 2001 from rose Imports? I saw one there on the internet Saturday with 13,000 miles?

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the Z and welcome to :z:
No help here on the warranty question. Many threads on subject; if you don't find an answer or a lead on a thread search, re-post as warranty specific question. :idea:
Enjoy the ride! :jammin:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Congrats on getting a Z and welcome to the site. Normally I would recommend against getting an extended warranty but since you live the CA (which decides for you how much you can alter your car), it might be a good investment. However when you see the cool motor and exhaust mods that others living in the rest of the untied states are able to do, you might decide moving is a better option... :D

Enjoy, :cheers:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Congratulations!! :cheers:
Welcome! :mug:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats funny Backlash.
Darryl that is one in the same car. I had been looking around for a SW and when I saw that locally I jumped on it.
I ran the Vin number and it looked good.
I saw that the 1st owner was in some city in southern calif. I googled chevy dealerships in that area. I called the closest one and spoke with their service department. I gave them the Vin number and what do you know, the service to the car was done at that dealership. No problems, oil changes and a window relay.
Turns out the guy traded the car in for a C6. Rose bought it from the dealership and it was shipped up here. They had it a few days when I saw it. Knowing the C5 market is kinda soft and made them a low ball offer and they took it.
Worked out rather well

One problem though I could use some help with...
I just washed the car for the 1st time and the rotors turned to a rust looking color. I noticed this on most of the C5's I saw at dealerships. What is that, how do I clean it and how do I prevent it? Really takes away from the look of the car.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Aldo,
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new ride. :cheers:

The rust on the rotors is normal and will wear off if you drive it around the block and use the brakes. If you have rust on the rotor "hats", the part the pad doesn't touch, you can have that part painted with high temp paint. More pain than its worth in my book. The stock rotor hats are painted, aftermarket ones from NAPA are not (but are less than half the price).

How's life in the Bay Area? Lived in the Bay Area from 69-87. Haven't spent my time there since joining the Navy. Still a 49er and Giants fan though. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts