Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I got my 02 EB Z06 in mid november. I've been reading this forum since then (well actually started just after ordering the car in late August), and I have really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.

Needless to say that I love my car. I've been driving it just about every day since I got it. I just can't get myself to leave it in the garage when I go to work in the morning :)
The only times I drove my other car is when I was worried about ice on the road (which luckily has only been a couple of days so far this winter).
Initially I was pretty worried about driving it in the rain, but that turned out to be no problem at all (as long as you control the urge to put your foot to the floor). I was also pleasently surprised by the traction control and active handling system. It seems a lot less aggressive than others that I've seen which is really nice.

Anyway, from reading the boards, I've heard lots and lots of praise for Zaino products, so I would like to try it.
I was just wondering which Zaino products you guys use/recommend.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hello Z06er!

Glad to see another Z06 in our area!!! :cool: :cool:

I am very much like you, if it isn't gushing, ice or snow I take the Z06 even in the rain. I know she gets dirty and I whine about the dirt but she is just to damn much fun to drive :D

Check out the Northwest Events every now and then as there are a great bunch of Z06 owners in our area and we will be getting together alot especially when the sun comes out.

For Zaino to work best you need to follow the entire process which Sal tells best :) Checkout his site at

http://www.zainobros.com/files/application.htm

Welcome and enjoy this awesome forum!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Welcome, glad to see you join us! :cheers:

Zaino is the only way to polish your Vet!

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. Lots of great people to chat with with lots of great info... Zaino is the only way to go. Works wounders!!!!!:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!! I own Oil Can Henry's in Sammamish, If we can be of any help with you oil changes and misc stuff, feel free to get in touch!

I too am interested in Zaino.....Have been an avid user of products from Griot's Garage, I'm happy with the products, but this Zaino stuff seems highly paised by all that use it! The other big key to car care is your towels. A commonly overlooked area! 100% cotton is the only way to go! Griot's catalog has an excellent series of threads that talk to towel selection. You can find Griot's thru the link page here in the forum.

Some good basic info on the application of Zaino can be found on Carl Voellm's website. http://www.hcvind.com/

There is an "application tips" link. It is excellent!

Stay in touch with the NW guys, they seem like a likeable bunch!

:-? Do you have Georgia license plates on your Z:-? Was just curious, as I saw an EB on NB I5 this past friday with GA plates.

If so I was the guy in the white L series Saturn wagon waiving at your gal!:eek:

Take care,

Win

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the great links and info. Will definately want to keep in touch with the NW guys (especially when the rain stops).
My car has WA plates, so it must have been somebody else's gal you were waiving at :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome to the greatest Corvette forum going and to the greatest wax available. If you do it right it can't be beat. Trick is putting it on lightly and having patience (let Z2 dry overnight).

Chuck

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I originally got my Zaino from Carl when he was an avid member here. Somehow, he no longer isn't, but the reason why is only known by a select few???? Search for his web site and order your product from him as he really does care about informing you how to get the best results and will even give you consultation advice as to which product to use and when for best results! Carl, we miss you! :( Bill :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts