Corvette Z06 Forum banner

IPC code B0516 H ?? What would cause?

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  BrianK 
#1 ·
I checked the codes last night for the hell of it, and found a history code in the IPC module .. B0516 H. The list of codes I have only describes this as 'Speedometer Signal Circuit Malfunction'. This was the only trouble code present.

Anyone know exactly what this means, or possible causes? There is no current code, and I haven't seen any warnings or wierdness on the DIC.

#3 ·
I did check ipc.doc before posting .. that's where I found the description "Speedometer Signal Circuit Malfunction" .

What I'm wondering now is what would cause this particular code. I haven't seen any functional problems with the speedo and am trying to determine if this is a normal erratic condition which can be ignored, or a problem waiting to happen.

#5 ·
rocknroll said:
did you all change the wheel size or tire size
No .. no changes to anything. The car's only 2 weeks old and I'm just curious. I cleared the code and will watch for it again. I know there are some codes, like the 10xx's that are more or less common and generally ignored. This one I don't understand. I'm just trying to figure out what the car's trying to tell me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.