Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I just got an ipod and I was trying to wire it up today. I ordered the GM CD changer harness, and a "neo ion" from mp3yourcar. Today I wired it all up per the pictures/instructions on this thread, however I cant get the thing to work. I press the aux button, but nothing happens. Is there something I am sorely missing? The iPod is powered up when I attempt to press the aux button. Do you think the "neo ion" could be bad? I am very frustrated, and would apreciate any and all help.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
You need to set the dip switches correctly. Unplug the unit, set the dip switches correctly, and then plug back in. Your instructions should have the appropriate settings for the switches.

-N

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already done :( I first hooked it up without setting the DIP switches, but i later realized my error, unplugged the unit, set them, and plugged it all back in. Unfortunately, still no luck. Any other ideas to what I could be missing?

Edit: My manual says to set the #3 and #8 DIP switches on. Anyone else that could cross reference this?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
ChaseN said:
Already done :( I first hooked it up without setting the DIP switches, but i later realized my error, unplugged the unit, set them, and plugged it all back in. Unfortunately, still no luck. Any other ideas to what I could be missing?

Edit: My manual says to set the #3 and #8 DIP switches on. Anyone else that could cross reference this?
I am 100% sure this is the problem. I am running the iPac which appears to be the same unit as yours with the cd changer cable and the factory head unit. Apparently the instructions are not clear at all in regards to the Dip switch settings. You may want to unplug, turn #3 off, and then re-try. I had the same issue and ended up trying one other dip switch combo setting, and it worked. This is why I mentioned the Dip switch settings. If you still can't get it to work tomorrow, I will go and check the settings on my car and report back.

However, I distincly remember that there was one Dip switch setting that eronously labeled in the manual. The manual stated something to the effect that 99-04 cars were to be on and cars without the cd changer cable (or something to the effect) were to be off.

-N

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have my instructions at the office -- will check. Mine started right up. I believe if you had it set-up wrong, you may have to disconnect it from the car power to clear the memory. Try that. :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
OK, saw that you had disconnected the power. And just found the manual. I would still disconnect the module, set all the dip switches off. Then according to the instructions, it states that "settings for e&c" are "3" and "8" ON. :eyes:

How are the two connectors at the passenger well? Perhaps they are not pushed in all the way? The one plug is easier to guide with a flat blade screwdriver and your finger. Just bend the wires 180 degrees to the connector and work it in the socket. :)

Or worse case, the module is defective. :eek:

·
Registered
882 Posts
And lastly, make sure the Ipod is playing and try stepping the controls on the radio to make sure your in the "changer mode." I would eject the CD, and make sure the readout has two sets of numbers like 1 999 -- I guess this corresponds to CD number and track. The system is slow to respond so just after pushing a button, wait and see what the response is. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am having absolutely no luck with this thing :( I tried all the suggestions on this thread (unplugged, turned #3 OFF, ejected CD, pressed button and waited) and it still won't work. I am going to call customer service monday and see if they can help me out, and if I still have no luck, I'll exchange the module. Of course, in the mean time, I'd love to hear anyone with suggestions.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Does the iPod even charge? Does your PC detect yoru iPod -- if not, have you tried resetting your iPod?

Are you sure you plugged the correct harnesses into the cd-changer harness? The two connectors for the cd-changer cable are located on the right side of the footwell.

-N

·
Registered
133 Posts
600hpIsntEnough said:
I have this setup but i have an alpine deck and adapter.
U might wanna check out sound domain.

i agree, i have the alpine CDA-9833 head unit and KCA-420i ipod adapter, absolutely love the combination.

it sounds like you have a faulty adapter id see if the company you bought it from will let you return it for a new one.

Dave

·
Registered
882 Posts
DeNguyen said:
I just got my neo ion too. Havent installed it yet, but just curious as to where you mounted your ipod?

I put mine in the console -- ran the white cable from the converter box mounted on the upper right of the passenger foot well. :)

I removed the cigarette lighter, and Dremeled a channel at the bottom so that the cable can pass right through. Reinstalled the lighter socket and it all looks OEM. The slack can also be stored under the console and pulled out as needed. Makes it handy at stoplights to review the music lists. And the Ipod is not showing to those who may want it. :)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
reproman said:

I put mine in the console -- ran the white cable from the converter box mounted on the upper right of the passenger foot well. :)

I removed the cigarette lighter, and Dremeled a channel at the bottom so that the cable can pass right through. Reinstalled the lighter socket and it all looks OEM. The slack can also be stored under the console and pulled out as needed. Makes it handy at stoplights to review the music lists. And the Ipod is not showing to those who may want it. :)
This is how I will be mounting mine. I hope that you track down the problem.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ChaseN,

Make sure that you set the #3 & #8 jumpers in the correct position which is DOWN I believe (this is a common mistake to be made with these kinds of jumpers which I hate!). All of the other jumpers should be UP. Now this is looking at the jumper switches with the Peripheral label on the adapter box facing up...

A note on your jumper switches, maybe your jumper block is mounted incorrectly in your adapter box (i.e. upside down?). Maybe try flipping the switches putting #3 & #8 UP and the rest down?)...maybe it might be best to talk to the tech guys when you call them...:eek2:

Also, as one of the previous posters mentioned, make sure that the port plug connections in the passenger footwell are secure.

Sorry to hear about your problems; I'm using this setup and so far I have not had any issues...maybe you ended up with a defective adapter box?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts