Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just traded my 99 mustang gt last weekend on an EB Z!. well i drop the z off tonight to get the lojac installed and get a loaner...a 2000 mustang! well, how quickly i forget. the Z has spoiled me within one week. as long as i can afford it, will never get a mustang again. don't get wrong, i absolutely loved my stang, great cars, still love it, all the memories. 5.5 years, 65K miles, and not one problem. i picked the stang up in 99 with 30 miles on it and babied/maintained it meticulously. but the new Z is simply on a whole other level. wonder how much i'll love the z after a couple years of ownership! that's all, thanks for all the tips so far.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Congrats :jammin: You gonna love it..Make sure you take on a road course you will love it even more :jammin:

·
Registered
176 Posts
slow99 said:
just traded my 99 mustang gt last weekend on an EB Z!. well i drop the z off tonight to get the lojac installed and get a loaner...a 2000 mustang! well, how quickly i forget. the Z has spoiled me within one week. as long as i can afford it, will never get a mustang again. don't get wrong, i absolutely loved my stang, great cars, still love it, all the memories. 5.5 years, 65K miles, and not one problem. i picked the stang up in 99 with 30 miles on it and babied/maintained it meticulously. but the new Z is simply on a whole other level. wonder how much i'll love the z after a couple years of ownership! that's all, thanks for all the tips so far.
No wonder someone told me the car was "in the back" when i went to crest last week. BTW i went friday to look at a MY 03 Zo6 and them bitches wanted $39.8 for it, they wouldnt come down on the price and they wouldnt even match another dealers price on the same car with less miles. :eek: . You going to lower the car? Maybe once i get mine we can lower them at the same time.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep, crest didn't come down as much as i would have liked, but i still feel like a got a fair deal, dealt with a salesman then with the sales manager richard some, i think both shot pretty straight with me. my car is going in to 21st for the first round of goodies in a week and a half. lower is not included right now, one main reason being i'm getting married next month, we'll have to sort through all the finances and see how we look after everything's paid off from that. i'm also trying to keep about $2K back for the extended warranty in july and to pick up an $700 or so daily beater to drive to work and back. for only $75 i think i'd rather just let 21st lower it on the stock bolts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just picked up a $1000 daily driver! I think when I got a daily driver, the ZO6 automatically picked up 20 horsepower! j/k, I'd love to drive it everyday, but I'd trash it with all the stuff I have to do for work and such. I noticed your post also because I'm getting married in two months!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i mainly get squeamish about leaving my car where i have to leave it, my mustang got so many dings and broken into once parking in downtown dallas. april 23rd is the big day for me, then the next 2 purchases are the warranty and the daily beater.i'm hoping we'll get a little cash from the wedding too so i think we'll be sitting pretty good.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I sold my 2000 Mustang GT after picking up my 2003 Z06 as well. The car's are so night and day. Before I sold my GT, I put it back together (had to swap motors since blew the original up with Vortech) and man did that thing feel like a dog compared. I was so grateful for the Z06, but I still do miss my GT sometimes.

Enjoy the Z.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts